Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-08T15:49:41Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
106 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic [Solved] Worklight Project type missing after install of plugin on Eclipse IDE

‏2012-06-05T22:58:23Z |
On Windows XP environment. Upgraded to Eclipse Indigo Java EE IDE (Build ID: 20110615-0604) and installed the Worklight 4.2.1 plugin from http://www.worklight.com/downloads/eclipse-plugin-4.2.1 (also checked http://www.worklight.com/downloads/eclipse-plugin-4.2.1-eval).

The plugin installation appears to work successfully, and is listed in the Help -> About -> Installation Details screen under Installed Software (although not under Features or Pluging), but after restarting Eclipse I do not see a Worklight Project type under File -> New -> Project . Tried reinstalling the plugin several times and reinstalling Eclipse once. Other than what's in the Help -> About screen I don't see any other indication that the plugin installed correctly.

I see com.worklight.studio.plugin_4.2.1.1189 and com.worklight.studio.feature_4.2.1.1189 folders under the Eclipse folder. Is there anything else I should be checking?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    106 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: [Solved] Worklight Project type missing after install of plugin on Eclipse IDE

‏2012-06-06T08:09:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi, Cober,

Have you try following 2 means:
    1. right-click toolbar, and select 'Customize Perspective' > 'Shortcuts', to select items under category 'Worklight'.
    2. File > New > Project dialog opened, click 'Show All Wizards'.

Good luck!

Daniel
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    106 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: [Solved] Worklight Project type missing after install of plugin on Eclipse IDE

‏2012-06-06T13:23:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Daniel, thanks for the reply.

Under Customize Perspective -> Shortcuts, I don't see an option for Worklight under any of the submenus. I don't see a Worklight option under Window -> Preferences either.

I tried another new install of Eclipse (Indigo SR2, 20120216-1857) in a new directory with a new, empty workspace, and installed the feature there, but still see the same behavior.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    106 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-08T15:49:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I've solved the issue - it looks like this was caused my using an older version of JDK. I had JDK6 installed, but the PATH environment variable was set to use JDK5. Thanks for the response!