• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-06-13T03:19:52Z by JayBlue
JayBlue
JayBlue
2 Posts

Pinned topic Configure IBM HTTP Server plugin via Load Balancer

‏2012-06-12T08:52:40Z |
HI,

Refer attached, how do we configure the Web Plugins on WAS because normally there is no load balancer in between IBM HTTP server and WAS.

Thank you,
Jay
Updated on 2012-06-13T03:19:52Z at 2012-06-13T03:19:52Z by JayBlue
  • SreekanthP
    SreekanthP
    5 Posts

Re: Configure IBM HTTP Server plugin via Load Balancer

‏2012-06-12T12:33:03Z  
    Hi Jay,
    I know of a configuration like the one in my attachement.

Not really very sure why would you need a another load balancer between the WAS nodes and IHS. The IHS plugin can do the request load balancing. So, for me it looks like a redundant step.

-Sree
  • Sunit
    Sunit
    199 Posts

‏2012-06-12T13:20:13Z  
    If you are using WAS ND then you do not need load balancer between IHS and WAS. You create a cluster of two WAS instances, deploy the app to the cluster. WAS Plugin will take care load balancing and session affinity plus WAS ND cluster will allow you to replicate sessions.

• Sunit
  • JayBlue
    JayBlue
    2 Posts

‏2012-06-13T03:19:52Z  
    Hi Guys,

Basically this setup for our IBM FileNet P8 implementation, we dont use clustering for WAS because we using WAS 7 standard and this WAS server is Application Engine servers. The IHS is used for End user to access FileNet application directly, and load balancer is used for other component of FileNet and also integration from other applications to connect this Application Engine.Because this solution is design by IBM and I have limited knowledge about IHS and WAS. Now I understand.

Thanks a lot.