Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-20T02:18:28Z by Victor.w
Victor.w
Victor.w
5 Posts

Pinned topic java.lang.StackOverflowError in MDM902 RSA705 workbench

‏2012-06-11T15:56:39Z | mdm-migration
I have ran Customize Configuration Files but got the following errors from .log. My com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation is intact.

java.lang.StackOverflowError
at com.ibm.mdm.config.common.automation.engine.util.DependencyTree.copyDepList(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.mdm.config.common.automation.engine.util.DependencyTree.findPath(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.mdm.config.common.automation.engine.util.DependencyTree.findPath(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.mdm.config.common.automation.engine.util.DependencyTree.generateTree(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation.actions.MDMAutomationImportWizard.generateRequiredTargetsInBuildFile(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation.actions.MDMAutomationImportWizard.performFinish(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler$New.executeHandler(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.runWithEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError in MDM902 RSA705 workbench

‏2012-06-12T10:33:26Z  
    Hi,

I have seen that problem before, but don't know what causes it. Does the workspace include extension projects or just the base MDM application projects? This might be caused by a circular dependency between projects.

Thanks, Catherine.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2012-06-12T14:20:30Z  
    Hi,

I have seen that problem before, but don't know what causes it. Does the workspace include extension projects or just the base MDM application projects? This might be caused by a circular dependency between projects.

Thanks, Catherine.
    I hope the below link helps
    http://ibmmdmerrors.blogspot.in/2010/12/javalangstackoverflow-error.html
    Regards
    Nikkie
  • Victor.w
    Victor.w
    5 Posts

‏2012-06-12T17:50:13Z  
    Hi,

Thanks, Catherine.
    Hi Catherine,

I did have extensions/additions compiled on top of OOTB MDM. Usually the Circular Dependency problem will occur during compilation time. However, I did build all the projects and workbench complains no such issues.
  • Victor.w
    Victor.w
    5 Posts

‏2012-06-12T17:56:39Z  
    I hope the below link helps
    http://ibmmdmerrors.blogspot.in/2010/12/javalangstackoverflow-error.html
    Regards
    Nikkie
    Hi Nikkie,

Thanks for the response. I have seen this site before and tried after that. Only DWLCommonServiceEJB contains JavaEE dependencies of which I have deselected all of them and selected them again. However the issue persisted.

In addition, I noticed the StackOverflowError I got was from running the Customize Configuration Files step from DEST what I am thinking it is unrelated to any of the customized code but to populate the build env var.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2012-06-14T06:05:28Z  
    • Victor.w
    • ‏2012-06-12T17:56:39Z
    Hi Nikkie,

Thanks for the response. I have seen this site before and tried after that. Only DWLCommonServiceEJB contains JavaEE dependencies of which I have deselected all of them and selected them again. However the issue persisted.

In addition, I noticed the StackOverflowError I got was from running the Customize Configuration Files step from DEST what I am thinking it is unrelated to any of the customized code but to populate the build env var.
    Hi,

Try closing all the projects that are not OOTB and remove those project dependencies from MDM descriptor file.

If you already have resolved the issue, let all of us know how did you rectified it.

Hope it helps,
    Beth
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2012-06-15T11:01:29Z  
    Hi Victor,

Please try to close all the projects before running step 2:Customize Configuration Files.This type of stackoverflow error when the projects in project explorer are in open state.
    Hope this will help.

Regards,
    Umair
  • B313_Venkat_Sambaraju
    1 Post

‏2012-08-09T04:07:49Z  
    Hi Victor,

Please try to close all the projects before running step 2:Customize Configuration Files.This type of stackoverflow error when the projects in project explorer are in open state.
    Hope this will help.

Regards,
    Umair
    I had similar issue when in one of my Extension projects I have included another Extension project Under the "Java Build Path" "Projects". Issue was resolved when I removed the second project from the "Java Build Path" "Projects" and added it under "J2EE Module Dependencies".
  • Victor.w
    Victor.w
    5 Posts

‏2012-08-20T02:17:28Z  
    Hi Victor,

Hope this will help.

Regards,
    Umair
    Thanks Umair! your solution really helps and by closing all the extension projects, the error disappeared.
  • Victor.w
    Victor.w
    5 Posts

‏2012-08-20T02:18:28Z  
    I had similar issue when in one of my Extension projects I have included another Extension project Under the "Java Build Path" "Projects". Issue was resolved when I removed the second project from the "Java Build Path" "Projects" and added it under "J2EE Module Dependencies".
    Though I have not tried this yet, I think it is helpful as well and I will try in the future. Thanks!