Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-06-12T12:21:58Z by kevmeist
kevmeist
kevmeist
249 Posts

Pinned topic Explorer hung and explorer process had to be deleted

‏2012-06-11T15:23:34Z |
I just managed to "hang" Explorer V1.1.1.0 up. Exiting seemed to work but left an explorer process active. This was cancelled using the Windows Task Manager (otherwise Explorer would not even start). Having done that I can start Explorer again. BUT, whenever I put a mask into the Applid window, I get an "Unhandled event lop exception" that shows this message:

" has encountered a problem.
An internal error has occurred during: "". Clicking details shows:
An internal error occurred during: "".
java.lang.NullPointerException

See attached Word document with a screen shot.

Any thoughts,

Kevin
Updated on 2012-06-12T12:21:58Z at 2012-06-12T12:21:58Z by kevmeist
  • kevmeist
    kevmeist
    249 Posts

Re: Explorer hung and explorer process had to be deleted

‏2012-06-11T17:06:33Z  
    Hmmm, answered my own question I think. Took another look at the Task Manager. I saw a 2nd cicsexplorer process. Deleted that one also, CICS Explorer now starts up again.

Kevin
  • SteveBolton
    SteveBolton
    18 Posts

‏2012-06-12T12:05:10Z  
    • kevmeist
    • ‏2012-06-11T17:06:33Z
    Hmmm, answered my own question I think. Took another look at the Task Manager. I saw a 2nd cicsexplorer process. Deleted that one also, CICS Explorer now starts up again.

Kevin
    Hi Kevin

If explorer is running Ok or you manage to restart explorer you can use File->Trace->Collect Service Data which allows you to collect the logs and a dump in an archive we can inspect.

If explorer has hung you can still gather the log files by navigating to the .cicsexplorer workspace in your user folder and opening up the .metadata folder inside it. The .log file contains the latest trace information.
  • kevmeist
    kevmeist
    249 Posts

‏2012-06-12T12:21:58Z  
    Hi Kevin

If explorer is running Ok or you manage to restart explorer you can use File->Trace->Collect Service Data which allows you to collect the logs and a dump in an archive we can inspect.

If explorer has hung you can still gather the log files by navigating to the .cicsexplorer workspace in your user folder and opening up the .metadata folder inside it. The .log file contains the latest trace information.
    Hi Steve,

I could send these logs but as they contain URL and port numbers etc I cannot post them to a public forum. Anything that leaves here has to be 256 bit encrypted and we have to provide the password by some separate method.

I can FTP files to some IBM location. Let me know if you want to see these files and where to FTP them to. Emailing the log files is also not an option for us.

Regards,

Kevin