Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-05T13:38:44Z by MarlonRojas
HankDorsett
HankDorsett
2 Posts

Pinned topic Force Encryption and Domain selection for Controller

‏2012-06-08T14:18:07Z |
Does anyone know if it is a setting that would not allow users to unchecking "Use 128 bit encryption" in the controller?

Also, I would like to put my domain name in the domain field for user authentication. Can it be done?
Updated on 2013-02-05T13:38:44Z at 2013-02-05T13:38:44Z by MarlonRojas
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    128 Posts

Re: Force Encryption and Domain selection for Controller

‏2012-06-08T15:59:24Z  
    Dear Hank,

Unchecking 'Use 128 bit encryption' has no effect in TRC. Connections in TRC between the controller and target are always encrypted, and this can not be disabled.

Regarding the domain name, I believe there is already an RFE (Request for Enhancement) for this. You can vote for this RFE or if it's not the same as what you need, raise a new RFE. Information about the RFE process can be found here:

http://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21449404

With kind regards,
    Chris
    Developer - IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager for Remote Control
  • HankDorsett
    HankDorsett
    2 Posts

‏2012-06-08T17:42:15Z  
    Dear Hank,

Unchecking 'Use 128 bit encryption' has no effect in TRC. Connections in TRC between the controller and target are always encrypted, and this can not be disabled.

Regarding the domain name, I believe there is already an RFE (Request for Enhancement) for this. You can vote for this RFE or if it's not the same as what you need, raise a new RFE. Information about the RFE process can be found here:

http://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21449404

With kind regards,
    Chris
    Thanks for the reply. One question tho, what is that button used for if not to disable it? I know my compliance admin will be asking me the same question.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    128 Posts

‏2012-06-11T09:13:14Z  
    Thanks for the reply. One question tho, what is that button used for if not to disable it? I know my compliance admin will be asking me the same question.
    Hi Hank,

The underlying code and technology used by TRC is also used in other IBM products, tools and services. The checkbox is an artifact from older versions of that code. In TRC, it is simply ignored.

HTH,
    Chris
  • MarlonRojas
    MarlonRojas
    2 Posts

‏2013-02-04T20:47:40Z  
    Hi Hank,

The underlying code and technology used by TRC is also used in other IBM products, tools and services. The checkbox is an artifact from older versions of that code. In TRC, it is simply ignored.

HTH,
    Chris
    Chris I am looking on TRC documentation about this kind of Encryption, and can´t find information about it. Can you please help me, I need a formal information about the comunication between controllers and targets (Aditional we are using a Gateway).

Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    128 Posts

‏2013-02-05T09:30:33Z  
    Chris I am looking on TRC documentation about this kind of Encryption, and can´t find information about it. Can you please help me, I need a formal information about the comunication between controllers and targets (Aditional we are using a Gateway).

Thanks!
    Hi,

The following technote summarizes the encryption used in TRC, look at the final section:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21607975

HTH,
    Chris
  • MarlonRojas
    MarlonRojas
    2 Posts

‏2013-02-05T13:38:44Z  
    Hi,

The following technote summarizes the encryption used in TRC, look at the final section:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21607975

HTH,
    Chris
    Chris Thanks a lot for the information!