Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-06-08T13:56:39Z by busrapasali2
busrapasali2
busrapasali2
3 Posts

Pinned topic Making paragraph style "caption" for all figures

‏2012-06-07T10:34:54Z |
Hello I am new to DOORS and I have a problem while i am exporting to Word.
I want to make all the sentences, which inludes the word "figure", Caption.

Is there any dxl , what should i do?

Regards, Busra
Updated on 2012-06-08T13:56:39Z at 2012-06-08T13:56:39Z by busrapasali2
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

Re: Making paragraph style "caption" for all figures

‏2012-06-07T10:56:50Z  
    Create an object attribute with the name "Paragraph Style", Type Text.

Create a filter, something like "Object Text contains Caption".

For all filtered Objects set the attribute "Paragraph Style" to "<Object Text:Caption>"

When exporting to Word, make sure that "Advanced -> Use 'Paragraph Style' Attribute" is checked.

HTH
    Mike
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2012-06-07T11:12:41Z  

For all filtered Objects set the attribute "Paragraph Style" to "<Object Text:Caption>"

When exporting to Word, make sure that "Advanced -> Use 'Paragraph Style' Attribute" is checked.

HTH
    Mike
    > Create a filter, something like "Object Text contains Caption".

Sorry, of course I meant "Object Text contains 'Figure'"
  • busrapasali2
    busrapasali2
    3 Posts

‏2012-06-07T12:34:58Z  

HTH
    Mike
    thanx i have exported document to word .
    but there is a problem:
    captions seem as "caption" format, but when i have updated list of figures they were not in list of figures?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2012-06-07T16:34:48Z  
    but there is a problem:
    captions seem as "caption" format, but when i have updated list of figures they were not in list of figures?
    well, this depends on the version of Word you are using.

One solution is: http://www.trickyways.com/2010/04/how-to-create-table-of-figures-in-word-2007-2010/
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2012-06-08T03:32:26Z  
    but there is a problem:

I think your problem is to do with the way in which the List of Figures (or Table of Figures) has been defined in MS Word.

The List of Figures is an embedded field that will include switches that define how it will detect and display figure captions within the body of the document. I suspect that your List of Figures is defined using default switches where it's looking for paragraphs that have an embedded "SEQ" numbering field within them.

Because you have exported from DOORS to MSWord, the caption text in DOORS will not have one of these embedded "SEQ" numbering fields. So you need to redefine the definition for the List of Figures so that it is looking for paragraphs that use a specific style - in your case it is the "Caption" style.

Click somewhere in amongst the List of Figures, RH mouse click, select the "Toggle Field Codes" option in the RH menu. This reveals the underlying definition of the List of Figures embedded field. You may see something like the following.

{TOC \h \z \c "Figure"}

What you need to see is something like this

{TOC \h \z \t "Caption" \c}

Rather than trying to manually modify the field codes, its perhaps best if you delete and recreate the List of Figures. In MSWord 2007 (possibly very similar in MSWord 2010), you need to choose the "References" ribbon, you should see an icon named "Insert Table of Figures", select this, select the Options button, tick the check-box next to "Style" and then select the style name you want to use for building up the List of Figures.

Just remember that the List of Figures will now populate itself with information from all paragraphs that have used the selected style name. So if you have any paragraphs that contain captions for Tables and these paragraphs use the same style name as that used for Figures, then your List of Figures will include the captions for the Tables as well. So you may need to rename the current "Caption" style in MSWord and call it "Caption-Figures" and then create a copy and name that one "Caption-Tables". Then use these style names in the "Paragraph Style" attribute in DOORS.

Paul Miller
    Melbourne, Australia

Updated on 2014-01-09T14:58:10Z at 2014-01-09T14:58:10Z by iron-man
  • busrapasali2
    busrapasali2
    3 Posts

‏2012-06-08T13:56:39Z  
    thank you Paul and Mike both of them was worked for me .