• 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-06-06T14:10:09Z by CRFB_didem_okuyan
CRFB_didem_okuyan
CRFB_didem_okuyan
8 Posts

Pinned topic IBM websphere portlet factory model style and syntax problem

‏2012-06-05T10:14:19Z |
hello,
I have some problems with portlet factory models. firstly, when I run one of them css rule or images cant be implemented on page. when I run the model I research the code with inspect element. css rules can be seen there but no one implemented to page. also some code tags can not be compiled. for example;

<INPUT type="hidden" value="false" name="ExcelContent_TOCDisplayGroupWrapperAfter" id='<%= checkbox.getID()%>_wrapper'>

transform the page as text like this. as I understand INPUT turns to ınput while running so a syntax problem occurs there but I dont know how to prevent it. I will glad if someone could help me about this.
thanks...
Updated on 2012-06-06T14:10:09Z at 2012-06-06T14:10:09Z by CRFB_didem_okuyan
  • mburati
    mburati
    425 Posts

Re: IBM websphere portlet factory model style and syntax problem

‏2012-06-05T13:23:19Z  
    Many (most?) WEF models use CSS for styling, so it would help if you could provide a simple sample model that you're having trouble with styling (explain what it should be using for styling, what is missing etc) along with a screenshot of the page plus browser style inspector).

How are you adding the input to the page that is not being rendered correctly? Can you provide a sample model that shows the problem?

If you could export a WEF archive with only the model(s) that show the problem (with no external dependencies preventing someone on the forum from running them, no confidential info and no intellectual property), that could help someone spot what's wrong. Also, please provide the version of WPF/WEF being used (including fixpack level).

..mb1
  • CRFB_didem_okuyan
    CRFB_didem_okuyan
    8 Posts

‏2012-06-05T14:47:52Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2012-06-05T13:23:19Z
    Many (most?) WEF models use CSS for styling, so it would help if you could provide a simple sample model that you're having trouble with styling (explain what it should be using for styling, what is missing etc) along with a screenshot of the page plus browser style inspector).

How are you adding the input to the page that is not being rendered correctly? Can you provide a sample model that shows the problem?

If you could export a WEF archive with only the model(s) that show the problem (with no external dependencies preventing someone on the forum from running them, no confidential info and no intellectual property), that could help someone spot what's wrong. Also, please provide the version of WPF/WEF being used (including fixpack level).

..mb1
    I am using WPF 7.0. actually I am trying to use simple models and builders. I use sql data services provider and an empty one(which has service consumer, data services user interface and data fields settings builders) to view a table on browser(google chrome). there is no problem to show the data but also there is no border around strings, color on button too.I have the same problem in widget extention(I sent the screenshots of it) too. second point was about input tag I tried to add an checkbox from palette menu to page and then eclipse add the tag so this problem occured. tag can be seen like <INPUT> in source window but it was rendered to "<ınput>" as I saw in browser.my operation system's language is turkish. I m sending more screenshot of these pages. I hope they are sufficient to explain the problem.
  • CRFB_didem_okuyan
    CRFB_didem_okuyan
    8 Posts

‏2012-06-05T15:07:47Z  
    I am using WPF 7.0. actually I am trying to use simple models and builders. I use sql data services provider and an empty one(which has service consumer, data services user interface and data fields settings builders) to view a table on browser(google chrome). there is no problem to show the data but also there is no border around strings, color on button too.I have the same problem in widget extention(I sent the screenshots of it) too. second point was about input tag I tried to add an checkbox from palette menu to page and then eclipse add the tag so this problem occured. tag can be seen like <INPUT> in source window but it was rendered to "<ınput>" as I saw in browser.my operation system's language is turkish. I m sending more screenshot of these pages. I hope they are sufficient to explain the problem.
    I am sending also the model file. I select Widget extension and model is a spreadsheet view and form model. I use an xls file for names.
  • mburati
    mburati
    425 Posts

‏2012-06-05T15:38:29Z  
    Do the out of the box WEF samples (add the building models feature set to your project and run Order Service Consumer ?) run/display correctly (with css styling for alternate rows etc)?

If the out of the box samples don't run correctly for you and this is blocking your progress, you may want to contact customer support. If those samples work but your own model does not, then maybe comparing the pages being used might help determine the difference. I recall there may be some difference in how the Turkish letter i uppercases and downcases and that may be part of the issue with that input, so maybe check that it's the correct form of the letter (the one valid for html markup) in the imported page?

..mb1
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1493 Posts

‏2012-06-05T16:28:40Z  
    I am sending also the model file. I select Widget extension and model is a spreadsheet view and form model. I use an xls file for names.
    You mentioned that you added widget extension to your model. Is there a reason why you are building widgets and not portlets or web applications? The widgets built by Web Experience Factory are iWidgets. We usually advise customers to build widgets only if they plan to deploy to Mashups Center. Otherwise I recommend that you choose portlets as your component model.
  • CRFB_didem_okuyan
    CRFB_didem_okuyan
    8 Posts

‏2012-06-06T08:46:07Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2012-06-05T15:38:29Z
    Do the out of the box WEF samples (add the building models feature set to your project and run Order Service Consumer ?) run/display correctly (with css styling for alternate rows etc)?

If the out of the box samples don't run correctly for you and this is blocking your progress, you may want to contact customer support. If those samples work but your own model does not, then maybe comparing the pages being used might help determine the difference. I recall there may be some difference in how the Turkish letter i uppercases and downcases and that may be part of the issue with that input, so maybe check that it's the correct form of the letter (the one valid for html markup) in the imported page?

..mb1
    I tried for samples and same problems are still existing.I'm sending the screenshot of them too. here is a technical problem which I don't know how to solve. I know the reason of tag problem, saw it in code; WPF coding tags with uppercase letters then when run the project tags are rendered to lowercase letters. but I have no idea about styling errors. I am so new so I work on many samples such as portlets, widgets... I'm trying to learn
  • mburati
    mburati
    425 Posts

‏2012-06-06T13:13:04Z  
    I tried for samples and same problems are still existing.I'm sending the screenshot of them too. here is a technical problem which I don't know how to solve. I know the reason of tag problem, saw it in code; WPF coding tags with uppercase letters then when run the project tags are rendered to lowercase letters. but I have no idea about styling errors. I am so new so I work on many samples such as portlets, widgets... I'm trying to learn
    Do you have a system running WAS with English or other non-Turkish OS as the default that you could try deploying the project to, to see if it works there? You may want to contact customer support and open a PMR for this issue.

WEF lowercases/downcases HTML tags to make them more xhtml-like (it's not strict xhtml, but it's closer to what many customers prefer for HTML, where browsers typically accept either if not looking for strict xhtml in the page). It's possible that it's not doing so correctly in the case of the Turkish language, where there may be issues related to how the letter I is uppercased/downcased.

..mb1
  • CRFB_didem_okuyan
    CRFB_didem_okuyan
    8 Posts

‏2012-06-06T14:10:09Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2012-06-06T13:13:04Z
    Do you have a system running WAS with English or other non-Turkish OS as the default that you could try deploying the project to, to see if it works there? You may want to contact customer support and open a PMR for this issue.

WEF lowercases/downcases HTML tags to make them more xhtml-like (it's not strict xhtml, but it's closer to what many customers prefer for HTML, where browsers typically accept either if not looking for strict xhtml in the page). It's possible that it's not doing so correctly in the case of the Turkish language, where there may be issues related to how the letter I is uppercased/downcased.

..mb1
    yes I changed my settings to English and all problems solved. I tried to find another way but it seems to me this is the only way. thank you very much for all your helps...