Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-07T16:22:42Z by rossella
PamG
PamG
11 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic unable to connect to HSLT after restart of services

‏2012-06-04T16:31:45Z |
after installing the latest beta drop, everything was up and running fine with HSLT cloud group successfully connected. This morning when trying to log into the Admin console I had an error message indicating internal server error. After restarting all of the kernal services and IWD I can successfully logon, but now my HSLT cloud group status is unable to connect to HSLT. I don't see anything in the Troubleshooting on what to check when this happens.

I don't see anything in the current error file or trace file that help me. Any tips on what to check/try? Thanks

Pam
Updated on 2012-06-07T16:22:42Z at 2012-06-07T16:22:42Z by rossella
  • gengjh
    gengjh
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: unable to connect to HSLT after restart of services

‏2012-06-05T03:38:01Z  in response to PamG
    Did you restart the kernel services of hslt? you can log on the hslt storage node 1, go to the /iaas/cli, source ./iaasrc and run the CLI iaas-describe-nodes to check whether the webservice is still reachable.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    92 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-06T03:19:03Z  in response to PamG
    Hi Pam, I have seen that error many times and after spending lots of time trying to resolve that, my personal advice to you is to try different hardware for the storage nodes.
    • rossella
      rossella
      58 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-07T16:22:42Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I suppose you still have the issue with the adminconsole not working, so that would be the first thing to fix before looking at why you do not see the cloud group as active.
      First of of let's try to understand which is the broken piece: is iaas-describe-nodes working? ...I suppose not.

So my recommendation would be to stop all kernel services (the services, not the VMs). Please be sure they are really stopped... you may need to manually kill some of them (pay attention especially to HBASE).

Once you have everything down, restart in this order: IHC, HBASE, rest servers, webservices, web-adminconsole, iaasapis

Actually after starting the webservices you can already check if iaas-describe-nodes work. If still not working have a look first at the content of /var/log/iaas/webservice.log in the webservice VM and if everything is ok there I'll suggest to see HBASE logs (/opt/hbase*/logs on the VM where you can see HBASEMaster running)

You need to start iaasapis (they are installed in /iaas/iaasapis on the same VM where you have the webservices in order to have SCP self service UI properly connected to HSLT