Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-06-05T01:27:14Z by gulfsoft
gulfsoft
gulfsoft
10 Posts

Pinned topic TBSM ITM Agent (product code r9) version 6.1 Agent Service Interface fails

‏2012-06-04T14:12:51Z |
Neither the Agent Service Interface nor the Service Console work for the r9 agent version 6.1 (or 6.1 FP 1). Specifically, any login I try fails to authenticate. I know that these features were added in ITM 6.2 or later, so maybe they're not supposed to work yet? It certainly doesn't look like they're supposed to work.

To see these links, go to http://r9_agent_host_machine:1920 and look for these entries:

Service Point: root.itm_r9
IBM Tivoli Monitoring Service Console
Service Point: itm_r9
IBM Tivoli R9 Agent Service Interface

Normally, you should be able to click it and provide an OS userid and password. But for these, it just fails.

Has anyone made it work yet?

We can make Tivoli software work for you!
www.gulfsoft.com
Updated on 2012-06-05T01:27:14Z at 2012-06-05T01:27:14Z by gulfsoft
  • blainemeyer@us.ibm.com
    2 Posts

    Re: TBSM ITM Agent (product code r9) version 6.1 Agent Service Interface fails

    ‏2012-06-04T20:32:53Z  
    I verified on 2 differant TBSM systems that the Agent Service Interface and Agent Service Console were available and working. When challenged for a user id and password you need to supply the user id and password used to install the TBSM R9 agent. On my Windows 2008 test system the agent was installed using "administrator" and on the second Linux system it was installed as "root".

    See attached screen shot.
  • gulfsoft
    gulfsoft
    10 Posts

    Re: TBSM ITM Agent (product code r9) version 6.1 Agent Service Interface fails

    ‏2012-06-05T01:27:14Z  
    I verified on 2 differant TBSM systems that the Agent Service Interface and Agent Service Console were available and working. When challenged for a user id and password you need to supply the user id and password used to install the TBSM R9 agent. On my Windows 2008 test system the agent was installed using "administrator" and on the second Linux system it was installed as "root".

    See attached screen shot.
    Thanks for the quick response, Blaine. All of us business partners and customers truly appreciate this "unofficial" help that you and other IBMers provide. It definitely helped me, and I found the problem.

    Specifically, I'm on Red Hat 5.4 64-bit, installed everything as root, and accidentally ran setRoot (or similar, I don't recall exactly which one I ran, but I know 1) I shouldn't have run it and 2) it shouldn't have affected things this way, but it did). What I saw was this line in one of my r9 log files:

    sh: /opt/IBM/ITM//bin/kbbacf1: No such file or directory

    I then found on google that setPerm didn't handle this file correctly. And I found that it existed in a few different directories. So I copied it from /opt/IBM/ITM/tmaitm6/lx8266/bin/kbbacf1 to /opt/IBM/ITM/bin, and now it works.

    So thanks again, Blaine!

    Frank

    We can make Tivoli software work for you!
    www.gulfsoft.com