Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-06T08:12:27Z by Karnakar
Karnakar
Karnakar
49 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WebActivity Changes are not reflecting on Prod unless I do Server Restart

‏2012-06-04T11:35:13Z |
Hi Floks,

I m dealing with one issue on production. Can any one help me in this regards

On staging server we are de-activating the one of the webactivity on staging. Changes are reflecting on the staging server after cache clear.

So we ran the Stage Prop, which propogated our changes from stag to prod. We verified the changes in Prod management center. We see the respective webactivity is also de-activited on prod management center.

And also we cleared the dyna cache on production servers. But still the webactivity is showing up on production.

So when we did the production server restart then the changes are reflecting on the website.

After restart webactity was not showing on the website.

This is the abnormal behavior on prod. IT shouldn't be the case of restarting the server for webactity changes

Any one can help me in this.
Regards
Karnakar
Updated on 2012-06-06T08:12:27Z at 2012-06-06T08:12:27Z by Karnakar
  • borenst
    borenst
    99 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WebActivity Changes are not reflecting on Prod unless I do Server Restart

‏2012-06-04T12:50:34Z  in response to Karnakar
    It is not necessary to restart the server. There is a marketing cache distributed map that needs to be cleared. See point 3 here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wchelp/v7r0m0/topic/com.ibm.commerce.admin.doc/tasks/tssproda.htm

You need to either:
    - set up a process to refresh the Marketing (CampaignInitiativeCache) registry after a stageprop
    or
    - with fix pack 2 or above, set up the triggers that will automatically refresh the Marketing registry after a stageprop
    or
    - if you are not on fix pack 2, get APAR LI75521 and set up the triggers that will automatically refresh the Marketing registry after a stageprop

Howard
    • Karnakar
      Karnakar
      49 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-04T13:08:14Z  in response to borenst
      Hi borenst,

Thanks for replying to this thread.

We are on Fixpack5 and Featurepack 4 on WCS7.

We have the triggers in place on both the servers(Staging as well as prod). see the attached sql file.

We disabled one webactivity on staging so related entries got inserted in Staglog and CACHEIVL. Once this changes are done we refreshed the registry of STAGing server and then cleared the dyna cache. Changes are reflecting on STAGing server.

So after that we did the stageprop on staging. Changes are reflecting on Production DB(CACHEIVL table also) and CMC. And as you said we refreshed the Registry by doing UPDATEALL of registries. And cleared the dyna cache on production.

But changes are not reflecting on the website.

Could you please help me.

Regards
      Karnakar
      • borenst
        borenst
        99 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-04T17:46:03Z  in response to Karnakar
        If the triggers are on the production environment, then after a stageprop, there should be entries like WCR+CampaignInitiativeCache in the CACHEIVL table. The next time the DyanCacheInvalidation scheduled job runs, then the marketing cache will be cleared. (There is no need to manually refresh the registry - that is the step being automated by the triggers).
        If the web activity is still not displaying correctly, then I suggest you open a PMR. More detailed information will be required about the environment, and traces will need to be gathered.

Howard
        • Karnakar
          Karnakar
          49 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-05T04:55:49Z  in response to borenst
          Thanks for the information!!

We checked after stageprop in prod DB "WCR+CampaignInitiativeCache" entries were present in CACHEIVL table.

One doubt I have is when the schedular "DynaCacheInvalidation" runs does it clear the entire the marketing cache(including the webactivities or it only clears the EMSPOT AND Content?)

can you please confirm, CampaignInitiativeCache=Marketing what we see in WCS admin Console of Registry.

Regards
          Karnakar
          • borenst
            borenst
            99 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-05T13:30:23Z  in response to Karnakar
            The entire marketing cache will be cleared. You can install the WAS Extended Cache Monitor http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/downloads/cache_monitor.html and check the contents of the DM_Cache.

Yes, CampaignInitiativeCache=Marketing.

Howard
            • Karnakar
              Karnakar
              49 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-05T14:44:37Z  in response to borenst
              Hie,

We have raised the PMR for this.

I see in the trace.log after CacheInVL scheular ran. There are entries for the emspot and activity. It is still fetching from cache.

6/5/12 9:32:51:990 CDT 00000029 engine 1 com.ibm.commerce.marketing.runtime.engine.MarketingEngineCache getEMarketingSpotActivities Get trigger listeners for store and spot: DM_TRIGLSTN_10151&35084
              6/5/12 9:32:51:990 CDT 00000029 CacheStatsMod 3 onRequest() cacheName=services/cache/DM_Cache template=null source=5 enable=true
              6/5/12 9:32:51:990 CDT 00000029 CacheStatisti 3 services/cache/DM_Cache: Local cache Hit: DM_TRIGLSTN_10151&35084 memoryCacheHits=1416 cacheHits=1416
              6/5/12 9:32:51:990 CDT 00000029 CacheStatsMod 3 onCacheHit() cacheName=services/cache/DM_Cache template=null locality=1 enable=true parentEnable=false
              6/5/12 9:32:51:990 CDT 00000029 engine 1 com.ibm.commerce.marketing.runtime.engine.MarketingEngineCache getEMarketingSpotActivities found in cache: name= DisplayEms storeId= 10151 activityId= 11001 elementId= 11002 allusers= 1 emsId=35084
              6/5/12 9:32:51:990 CDT 00000029 engine 1 com.ibm.commerce.marketing.runtime.engine.MarketingEngineCache getEMarketingSpotActivities tl:name= DisplayEms storeId= 10151 activityId= 11001 elementId= 11002 allusers= 1 emsId=35084

Regards
              Karnakar
              • Karnakar
                Karnakar
                49 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-06T08:12:27Z  in response to Karnakar
                Its working now. Did the following changes

 Changed the wc-server.xml with marketing version as (<Marketing version="Dialog"/> ).

 Ran the scheduler named “DynaCacheInvalidation” from WCS admin console

 Cleared the Dyna cache manually from cache monitor.
                Thanks all for the help.