• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-23T14:56:38Z by SystemAdmin
ShankarUday
ShankarUday
16 Posts

Pinned topic How to incerase or decrease a table cell width

‏2012-06-01T11:53:41Z |
Hi,
How i can increase or decrease a table cells width in my template.In my requirement i have to show some cell width as small and some as long, one more thing how i can configure a pdf report to show in Landscape format not is portrait format.

Can any one please help me in this

Thanks
Uday
Updated on 2012-10-23T14:56:38Z at 2012-10-23T14:56:38Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1299 Posts

Re: How to incerase or decrease a table cell width

‏2012-06-05T01:47:28Z  
    Hi Uday,

You can specify the table cells width in RPE Document Studio properties view, select the cell you want to configure in the RPE template, then you can set the cell width in properties "Formatting" -> "specific" -> "cell width". You can specify a simple fixed value, or a data expression from a RPE variable value, or a JavaScript expression to set the cell width dynamically.

For the report in Landscape format, please see my reply in this thread https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=430432&tstart=0

Regards,
    Gary
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1299 Posts

‏2012-10-23T14:52:59Z  
    Hi Uday,

You can specify the table cells width in RPE Document Studio properties view, select the cell you want to configure in the RPE template, then you can set the cell width in properties "Formatting" -> "specific" -> "cell width". You can specify a simple fixed value, or a data expression from a RPE variable value, or a JavaScript expression to set the cell width dynamically.

For the report in Landscape format, please see my reply in this thread https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=430432&tstart=0

Regards,
    Gary
    Hello,

I am publishing a Word document from DOORS data that contains a DOORS table. The DOORS table has variable width cells in the same column (sometimes called "column spanning"). The attached image is a chart very similar to what I hope to illustrate through a table. Each object in the DOORS table specifies the desired cell width in its attributes. I have tried many settings in the RPE Document Template, but Word continues to assign every cell in a column the same width as the widest cell in that column.

My template formats the table through Module/Object/Table, Module/Object/Table/Row and Module/Object/Table/Row/Cell queries. The table style specifies "fixed cell width in columns" and "resize to fit contents" as "false". The cellWidth property of the cell in my template is set to the Module/Object/Table/Row/Cell query's "TableCellWidth" attribute. I have also tried setting colSpan without any success.

Has anyone successfully published Word tables with variable width cells in the same column through RPE? Is there a software limitation keeping me from this goal?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1299 Posts

‏2012-10-23T14:56:38Z  
    Hello,

I am publishing a Word document from DOORS data that contains a DOORS table. The DOORS table has variable width cells in the same column (sometimes called "column spanning"). The attached image is a chart very similar to what I hope to illustrate through a table. Each object in the DOORS table specifies the desired cell width in its attributes. I have tried many settings in the RPE Document Template, but Word continues to assign every cell in a column the same width as the widest cell in that column.

My template formats the table through Module/Object/Table, Module/Object/Table/Row and Module/Object/Table/Row/Cell queries. The table style specifies "fixed cell width in columns" and "resize to fit contents" as "false". The cellWidth property of the cell in my template is set to the Module/Object/Table/Row/Cell query's "TableCellWidth" attribute. I have also tried setting colSpan without any success.

Has anyone successfully published Word tables with variable width cells in the same column through RPE? Is there a software limitation keeping me from this goal?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
    Pardon me. I meant to create a new thread for my last post. The new thread is here:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=459614