Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-06T09:10:32Z by Antonello_Supino
Antonello_Supino
Antonello_Supino
54 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic DWE02990I: CF end successfully even if it was aborted from admin console

‏2012-05-31T14:08:22Z |
Hello,
I am using ISW 9.7.3 and the ISW admin Console is running on a Linux Machine part of an IBM Smart Analytic System.

I have built a very simple CF to demonstrate this issue, I have attached it herewith.
If I execute it from command line using the following string I get the following output:

:~> /opt/ibm/dwe/V9.7/whcommand/bin/wh executeControlFlowInstance -app SCHEDULE_DebugRC -controlFlow TripleSleep -connectionName default_connection
DWE02990I: The control flow instance finished running successfully.

:~> echo $?

Even if I abort the CF from the admin console manually using the "STOP" button and consequently its status became "stopped" ( using the "monitor" from ISW admin console I can indeed see a failed and a stopped operator ) the command line is still completing with the output above even if the CF has not completed at all.

Is this working as expected?
If really yes, how can I understand from command line if the CF has not completed successfully because someone stopped it manually from ISW admin console?

Regards
Antonello
Updated on 2012-06-06T09:10:32Z at 2012-06-06T09:10:32Z by Antonello_Supino
  • zxning
    zxning
    20 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DWE02990I: CF end successfully even if it was aborted from admin console

‏2012-06-01T04:16:04Z  in response to Antonello_Supino
    hi Antonello_Supino:

Yes, this is as expected till now. Currently the command line is not that powerful as the functions from Web UI admin console. It cannot process very well on cases when multiple person operate on the Web UI and command line in parallel. Generally the command line is designed to do a batch of work in scripts automatically without manual intervention. Another way is to use the startControlFlowInstance command to start the flow asynchronously and then use the getControlFlowInstanceStatus to check the execution status. Anyway it is not suggested to operate on the Web UI and command line in parallel. We might enhance the command line in the future release to handle these problems.
    • Antonello_Supino
      Antonello_Supino
      54 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DWE02990I: CF end successfully even if it was aborted from admin console

‏2012-06-06T09:10:32Z  in response to zxning
      Cheers