Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-06-06T12:25:15Z by SystemAdmin
CraigSchnurbusch
CraigSchnurbusch
13 Posts

Pinned topic Complete removal of CICS Explorer and all plug-ins

‏2012-05-31T13:01:31Z |
I'm having issues with CICS Explorer stability and it seems like it could be related to some kind of footprint left behind from previous installs. When I remove CICS Explorer and plug-ins I simply delete the product installation directory and the workspace directory.

In my case:
Product installation directory = C:\CICS Explorer
Workspace directory = C:\Users\userid\.cicsexplorer

Is there something else I should be deleting to COMPLETELY removed all footprints of CICS Explorer and all plug-ins?
Updated on 2012-06-06T12:25:15Z at 2012-06-06T12:25:15Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

Re: Complete removal of CICS Explorer and all plug-ins

‏2012-05-31T14:51:16Z  
    Hi Craig,

Thanks for your question. I believe that removing the workspace and installation directory should be enough to give you a clean install.

I think that Joe W has some idea of the history of the issue that is leading you to think you are not getting a clean install and has suggested that we arrange a call via your account rep. Hopefully you should get some contact about that soon.

Dave
  • CraigSchnurbusch
    CraigSchnurbusch
    13 Posts

‏2012-06-06T12:06:49Z  
    Hi Craig,

Thanks for your question. I believe that removing the workspace and installation directory should be enough to give you a clean install.

I think that Joe W has some idea of the history of the issue that is leading you to think you are not getting a clean install and has suggested that we arrange a call via your account rep. Hopefully you should get some contact about that soon.

Dave
    Who is State Farm's account rep? Still no response. Sorry to be a pest, but we have some projects waiting on rolling out CICS Explorer so I need resolution on some issues before that can happen.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

‏2012-06-06T12:25:15Z  
    Who is State Farm's account rep? Still no response. Sorry to be a pest, but we have some projects waiting on rolling out CICS Explorer so I need resolution on some issues before that can happen.
    Hi Craig, apologies - I spoke to a guy from the US who said he was going to work on getting a call set up, before I replied on here.

Do drop me an email at dave.nice@uk.ibm.com and I'll chase it up.

Dave