Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-21T11:25:28Z by ChalengeJ.
ChalengeJ.
ChalengeJ.
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error code: -243 and a SQLException: Could not position within a table

‏2012-05-31T10:10:42Z |
Hi experts,

I am trying to design a data flow in Design Studio 9.7 by pulling data from an informix database using a sql query in SQL Query Source Operator and i keep getting this error in my log file sometimes it runs fine and many times it is displaying above warning message. I know that this error is usually related to locking issues and I have to change your isolation level to dirty read (SET ISOLATION LEVEL TO DIRTY READ).

I know how i can implement this in SQL and now want to know how I can change/implement this in a Design Studio data flow.

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-06-21T11:25:28Z at 2012-06-21T11:25:28Z by ChalengeJ.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    203 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error code: -243 and a SQLException: Could not position within a table

‏2012-06-15T17:04:37Z  in response to ChalengeJ.
    Hello

as far as I know, you can set the isolation level at the connection level or at the statement level. If you want to implement it at the connection level, you should try with the JDBC options (don't know how this work in Informix). If you do it at this level, you can even work with a Table Source Operator instead of the SQL Query Source Operator. If you prefer at the statement level, then the SQL Query Source Operator should work specifying the isolation level in the SELECT statement. I don't know in Informix, but in DB2 is something like

SELECT FIELD1, FIELD2, ... FROM TABLE WHERE ... WITH UR (uncommitted read)

In this case, remember not to check the nesting option in the operator.

Hope this help
  • ChalengeJ.
    ChalengeJ.
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error code: -243 and a SQLException: Could not position within a table

‏2012-06-21T11:25:28Z  in response to ChalengeJ.
    Putting the isolation level at connection solves the problem, and stops having to write it every statement