Topic
  • 11 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-14T20:39:59Z by CLAIREL
ErnestVolson
ErnestVolson
50 Posts

Pinned topic Connection to Database file

‏2012-05-29T21:58:31Z |
I am trying to establish a connection to a database using create synonym. I have added the table I wish to make connection to and have received the following error message.
(FOC1554) MFD 'BASEAPP/SPRPWH00P' couldn't be overwritten by CREATE SYNONYM

Need some assistance in resolving this issue.

Regards

Ernest
Updated on 2012-12-14T20:39:59Z at 2012-12-14T20:39:59Z by CLAIREL
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3614 Posts

Re: Connection to Database file

‏2012-05-30T00:12:44Z  
    You can only have one synonym per name. This means you are trying to create a synonym that is the same name as an existing one. If you want to replace the existing one, check the overwrite box. If you want a different one, give it a new name by changing the synonym name, adding a prefix, or a suffix.

Robert Andrews
    Managing Consultant
    IBM Systems & Technology Group, Rochester
  • ErnestVolson
    ErnestVolson
    50 Posts

‏2012-05-31T14:45:27Z  
    You can only have one synonym per name. This means you are trying to create a synonym that is the same name as an existing one. If you want to replace the existing one, check the overwrite box. If you want a different one, give it a new name by changing the synonym name, adding a prefix, or a suffix.

Robert Andrews
    Managing Consultant
    Thank You Andrew. I was able to set up the connection.

I have another issue with accessing the Developer Work Bench. I want to make an adjustment to the master file I have set up the same user name and password for WebQuery.

The User name and password allows me to access the WebQuery but not the Developer work Bench.

How can I gain access to adjust my Master file.

Thanks In advance
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3614 Posts

‏2012-05-31T14:49:59Z  
    Thank You Andrew. I was able to set up the connection.

I have another issue with accessing the Developer Work Bench. I want to make an adjustment to the master file I have set up the same user name and password for WebQuery.

The User name and password allows me to access the WebQuery but not the Developer work Bench.

How can I gain access to adjust my Master file.

Thanks In advance
    I am not understanding your question. What is being blocked in Workbench? Did you purchase workbench? Make sure that the level of Workbench exactly matches your level of the server. If you are getting an error message, let us know. If you need immediate help, please open a PMR with your local support team.

Thanks!

Robert Andrews
    Managing Consultant
  • ErnestVolson
    ErnestVolson
    50 Posts

‏2012-05-31T15:32:26Z  
    I am not understanding your question. What is being blocked in Workbench? Did you purchase workbench? Make sure that the level of Workbench exactly matches your level of the server. If you are getting an error message, let us know. If you need immediate help, please open a PMR with your local support team.

Thanks!

Robert Andrews
    Managing Consultant
    I am using the following:
    WebFocus Developer Studio - 7701i
    WebQuery - Db2 Webquery Webfocus 7.7.03 / Build version branch 7703_webquery1202

Some of my reports are not running properly and I need to make an adjustment in my master file.

Normally use the same user name and password to access both. Not able to access the files in WebFocus not accepting user name and password.

Thanks in advance
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3614 Posts

‏2012-05-31T15:34:54Z  
    I am using the following:
    WebFocus Developer Studio - 7701i
    WebQuery - Db2 Webquery Webfocus 7.7.03 / Build version branch 7703_webquery1202

Some of my reports are not running properly and I need to make an adjustment in my master file.

Normally use the same user name and password to access both. Not able to access the files in WebFocus not accepting user name and password.

Thanks in advance
    It sounds like you have a mismatch in code levels if they are that far off. Make sure you pull down the new version from the IFS and install that on your PC.

Robert Andrews
    Managing Consultant
  • ErnestVolson
    ErnestVolson
    50 Posts

‏2012-06-01T16:09:49Z  
    It sounds like you have a mismatch in code levels if they are that far off. Make sure you pull down the new version from the IFS and install that on your PC.

Robert Andrews
    Managing Consultant
    I Installed the latest version.

The last time I got following error message after the UserID/Password prompt when I try to connect with Developers Workbench to one of the customers iSeries: {WFSCOM The UserID or password you have entered is incorrect}

This customer also just installed the latest version of WebQuery.

For support I installed on my support machine the Developers Workbench V.7701i to have access to several customer iSeries systems.
    For each customer iSeries I configured in the Developers Workbench Desktop their own WebFOCUS Environment with individual IP address and UserId/password. I am able to access and support the other customers.
  • ErnestVolson
    ErnestVolson
    50 Posts

‏2012-06-12T14:51:43Z  
    I Installed the latest version.

The last time I got following error message after the UserID/Password prompt when I try to connect with Developers Workbench to one of the customers iSeries: {WFSCOM The UserID or password you have entered is incorrect}

This customer also just installed the latest version of WebQuery.

For support I installed on my support machine the Developers Workbench V.7701i to have access to several customer iSeries systems.
    For each customer iSeries I configured in the Developers Workbench Desktop their own WebFOCUS Environment with individual IP address and UserId/password. I am able to access and support the other customers.
    I am still having an issue logging into WebDeveloper after upgrading to the latest version.

I got following error message after the UserID/Password prompt when I try to connect with Developers Workbench to one of our customers iSeries: {WFSCOM The UserID or password you have entered is incorrect}

This customer in particular did not have option 3 Developers work bench installed on their systems previously. They recently installed and licensed the product.

What checks can I do to get it working.

Thanks in advance
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3614 Posts

‏2012-06-12T14:56:41Z  
    I am still having an issue logging into WebDeveloper after upgrading to the latest version.

I got following error message after the UserID/Password prompt when I try to connect with Developers Workbench to one of our customers iSeries: {WFSCOM The UserID or password you have entered is incorrect}

This customer in particular did not have option 3 Developers work bench installed on their systems previously. They recently installed and licensed the product.

What checks can I do to get it working.

Thanks in advance
    Workbench should not matter based on what is or is not installed on the server. It sounds like there might be some comm blockage. Are you able to use the browser okay to connect to this client?

And once again, this forum is not meant to replace a support contract. Please open a PMR to work with support on this type of issue. Thanks!!

Robert Andrews
    Managing Consultant
  • ErnestVolson
    ErnestVolson
    50 Posts

‏2012-06-14T15:49:49Z  
    Workbench should not matter based on what is or is not installed on the server. It sounds like there might be some comm blockage. Are you able to use the browser okay to connect to this client?

And once again, this forum is not meant to replace a support contract. Please open a PMR to work with support on this type of issue. Thanks!!

Robert Andrews
    Managing Consultant
    Hi Robert
    Quick question with regard to opening a PMR. If I am doing this to assist a client; can the request come from me or does it have to come from the client.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3614 Posts

‏2012-06-14T15:56:23Z  
    Hi Robert
    Quick question with regard to opening a PMR. If I am doing this to assist a client; can the request come from me or does it have to come from the client.
    You can open the PMR as long as it is under the customer's system serial number.

Robert Andrews
    Managing Consultant
  • CLAIREL
    CLAIREL
    21 Posts

‏2012-12-14T20:39:59Z  
    Hi Robert
    Hi were you able to resolve this problem? I am having the same connection problem. Last week was able to connect to Workbench this week get error "Unable to Log on".

Thanks