3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-01T22:27:21Z by VaniMamatha
klyoldham
klyoldham
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error while fetching connector information

‏2012-05-29T21:29:33Z |
Hello,

We moved our servers this weekend, and now I'm getting the error message "Error while fetching connector information".
I am also unable to deploy the configurations. They stay in the "Deploying" state.
I've done the following, but the error is still there:

Resolving the problemThese symptoms are a result of the appliance not being able to resolve its own hostname to an IP address. The problem can be resolved by doing either of the following:
Add an entry for the appliance's hostname to the DNS server that is used by the appliance.
Use the command line interface command net add etchost address <ipaddr> hostname <name> alias <name> to permanently update the /etc/hosts file on the appliance.

Note: if you edit the file manually instead, the change will be lost the next time the appliance is rebooted.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Updated on 2012-06-01T22:27:21Z at 2012-06-01T22:27:21Z by VaniMamatha
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    224 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error while fetching connector information

‏2012-05-30T09:34:57Z  in response to klyoldham
    Are you able to ping the gateway of your NIC (or any internet IP address, for instance www.ibm.com)? You may use the command

net ping ip_gateway

Also, try to check the status of your network configuration:

net show status

and

net show active

Regards,
    Magali
  • klyoldham
    klyoldham
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-30T21:41:41Z  in response to klyoldham
    Thank you for the suggestions. I've tried the commands you listed. Network seems to be setup correctly, but I'm still getting the error.
    We currently have the Mgmt IP address in the /etc/host file. Is this correct, or should it be the Data IP?

Thanks,
    klyoldham
    • VaniMamatha
      VaniMamatha
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-01T22:27:21Z  in response to klyoldham
      Hi,

Check your network settings on the appliance to verify the 'Domain'. It should contain only the domain name, should not have the appliance name.

For example:

Correct:
      Domain: company.com

Wrong:
      Domain: castionappliance.company.com

To set the correct domain name using command: net set domain static company.com
      run the command: net restart

Hope this information helps.

Cheers,
      Vani.