Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-30T09:13:51Z by MaheshHajare
MaheshHajare
MaheshHajare
3 Posts

Pinned topic Invalid operation: Connection is closed. ERRORCODE=-4470, SQLSTATE=08003

‏2012-05-28T18:50:23Z |
We are using IBM System Director 6.2 version. When we hit https://<server-name>:8422/ibm/console URL into the browser, connection is getting timed out & nothing is shown on a page. When we check the the director log, we found following entries into the log:

2012/05/28 08:13:25.152 SEVERE Exception on query: SELECT DCM_OBJECT1.GUID,DCM_OBJECT1.TYPE_ID,DCM_OBJECT1.NAME,DCM_OBJECT1.Id FROM DCM_OBJECT DCM_OBJECT1 WHERE (DCM_OBJECT1.TYPE_ID = ?) ::class.method=com.ibm.sysmgmt.resource.caching.db.DBResourceCachingService.getResourceReferences() ::thread=GroupPollerTimer ::loggername=com.ibm.sysmgmt.resource.caching

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Borrow prepareStatement from pool failed
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingConnection.prepareStatement(PoolingConnection.java:93)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection.prepareStatement(DelegatingConnection.java:185)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.prepareStatement(PoolingDataSource.java:278)
at com.ibm.sysmgmt.resource.caching.db.PreparedStatementUtil.createPS(PreparedStatementUtil.java:66)
at com.ibm.sysmgmt.resource.caching.db.DBResourceCachingService.getResourceReferences(DBResourceCachingService.java:2343)
at com.ibm.sysmgmt.resource.caching.db.DBResourceCachingService._getResourceReferences(DBResourceCachingService.java:1974)
at com.ibm.sysmgmt.resource.caching.db.DBResourceCachingService.getResourceReferences(DBResourceCachingService.java:1473)
at com.ibm.sysmgmt.resource.caching.BaseResourceCachingService._getResourceReferences(BaseResourceCachingService.java:490)
at com.ibm.sysmgmt.resource.caching.BaseResourceCachingService.getResourceReferences(BaseResourceCachingService.java:4106)
at com.ibm.usmi.kernel.group.USMSGroup.getOIDs(USMSGroup.java:3218)
at com.ibm.usmi.kernel.group.USMSGroup._getGroupMemberIdentifiers(USMSGroup.java:895)
at com.ibm.usmi.kernel.group.USMSGroup.getGroupMemberIdentifiers(USMSGroup.java:782)
at com.ibm.usmi.kernel.group.USMSGroup.getGroupMemberIdentifiers(USMSGroup.java:751)
at com.ibm.usmi.kernel.group.USMSGroup.getGroupMemberIdentifiers(USMSGroup.java:735)
at com.ibm.usmi.kernel.group.USMSGroup.runPollingListeners(USMSGroup.java:2109)
at com.ibm.usmi.kernel.group.USMSGroupService$GroupPoller.run(USMSGroupService.java:1610)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:537)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:487)
Caused by: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlNonTransientConnectionException: jcc1033510366http://3.59.81 Invalid operation: Connection is closed. ERRORCODE=-4470, SQLSTATE=08003
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.dd.a(dd.java:666)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.dd.a(dd.java:60)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.dd.a(dd.java:120)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.jb.Zb(jb.java:5145)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.jb.c(jb.java:901)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.jb.u(jb.java:7327)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.jb.a(jb.java:2123)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.jb.prepareStatement(jb.java:754)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingConnection.makeObject(PoolingConnection.java:188)
at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericKeyedObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericKeyedObjectPool.java:797)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingConnection.prepareStatement(PoolingConnection.java:87)
... 17 more

Invalid operation: Connection is closed. ERRORCODE=-4470, SQLSTATE=08003 is the catch line, we think. But when we manually tried to connect to the database using db2 console, we are successfully able to connect to it.

From the abobe errorcode 4470 - it is clear that connection is getting timesout. And from the SQLSTATE - 08003, it is clear that connection does not remain open.

Also after some googling, we found that there is some problem in data conversion between Java & Db2 code.

What is the exact problem, we are unable to make out. Is there a problem at System Director side, so that we should open a PMR to resolve it or there is some other problem?

Yout help will be really helpful on the issue.

Thanks in advance
Updated on 2013-03-30T09:13:51Z at 2013-03-30T09:13:51Z by MaheshHajare
  • Venkat_GulfSoft
    Venkat_GulfSoft
    24 Posts

Re: Invalid operation: Connection is closed. ERRORCODE=-4470, SQLSTATE=08003

‏2012-05-29T22:34:20Z  
    Hello,

This is a TCR forum and you will have better chance of getting help by posting in appropriate forum. Having said that, I did a google search as well on this DB2 error and restarting both DB2 and IBM System Director could help. That seems to have resolved similar issues with another IBM product.

Thanks,
    with warm regards,
    Venkat Saranathan.
    Gulf Breeze Software.
  • MaheshHajare
    MaheshHajare
    3 Posts

‏2012-05-31T05:49:14Z  
    Hello,

This is a TCR forum and you will have better chance of getting help by posting in appropriate forum. Having said that, I did a google search as well on this DB2 error and restarting both DB2 and IBM System Director could help. That seems to have resolved similar issues with another IBM product.

Thanks,
    with warm regards,
    Venkat Saranathan.
    Gulf Breeze Software.
    Thanks Venkat for you reply.
    As you mentioned, I restarted the IBM Db2 as well as IBM System Director, still I'm getting the same error.

Regards,
    Mahesh
  • MaheshHajare
    MaheshHajare
    3 Posts

‏2013-03-30T09:13:51Z  
    Thanks Venkat for you reply.
    As you mentioned, I restarted the IBM Db2 as well as IBM System Director, still I'm getting the same error.

Regards,
    Mahesh
    I was getting that error during the installation of ISD 6.3 in IDPX environment. I worked with ISD support team to sort out the issue.

The problem was that using root user I was not installing the ISD 6.3. I was using csdpuser to login & after that I was using sudo su command to become a super user.
    This was causing the installation of ISD 6.3.

If one try with root user then he'll not face the error that is mentioned on the forum.