I was wondering if sone could help?
I haven't been able to find any documentation surrounding a supported procedure for "migrating a vdisk in a GM change Volume Relationship to another storage pool (mdiskgrp)".
I understand the Master and Change Volumes need to be in the same pool.
1. Is VDISK migration to the another pool (MDISKGRP) supported for volumes (vdisks) in a "Global Mirror with Change Volumes"?
2. What is the procedure to migrate the vdisk to another POOL (MDISKGRP) for volumes in a GM with Change Volumes?
Any help or direction you can provide is much appreciated
Pinned topic Is VDISK migration supported for Volumes in a "GM with Change Volumes"?
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-05-24T21:46:41Z at 2012-05-24T21:46:41Z by koutsane
karl.h 1200007QQ764 Posts
Re: Is VDISK migration supported for Volumes in a "GM with Change Volumes"?2012-05-24T15:56:55ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Hi,
I am wondering were did you find the info that change volumes need to be in the same mdiskgrp? Would be interesting to see this statement.
What I found is according to http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247933.html?Open page 592 these are the requirements for change volumes
Change Volume requirements
Follow these rules for the Change Volume:
- The Change Volume can be a thin-provisioned volume.
- It must be the same size as the primary and secondary volumes.
- The Change Volume must be in the same I/O Group as the primary and secondary
- It cannot be used for the user’s remote copy or FlashCopy mappings.
- You must have a Change Volume for both the primary and secondary volumes.
- You cannot manipulate it like a normal FlashCopy mapping.