• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-24T16:37:56Z by eric g. s
eric g. s
eric g. s
15 Posts

Pinned topic Error when running Rule Set

‏2012-05-24T08:29:22Z |
Hi,

I created a Rule Set Definition from 2 Data Rules that check Product table, then I generated Rule Set base on this. Please note that the Data Rules that I used in creating Rule Set Definition are running well. But when I run the generated Rule Set it encountered the following error:

Error in processing job ->null

No idea about what this error is about, and searching over the internet produces nothing. Hoping this forum could help me

Best regards,
Eric
Updated on 2012-05-24T16:37:56Z at 2012-05-24T16:37:56Z by eric g. s
  • eric g. s
    eric g. s
    15 Posts

Re: Error when running Rule Set

‏2012-05-24T10:40:42Z  
    I created another Rule Set, this time it runs longer, but eventually fails. Attaching log to everyone to help scrutinizing it. Thanks.

Attachments

• smithha
    smithha
    162 Posts

‏2012-05-24T13:03:13Z  
    • eric g. s
    • ‏2012-05-24T10:40:42Z
    I created another Rule Set, this time it runs longer, but eventually fails. Attaching log to everyone to help scrutinizing it. Thanks.
    From the log, it looks like there may be an issue with the join:
    Event 3: leftouterjoin(1),0: Caught exception from runLocally()

The following article discusses how the processes are constructed and some of the resource constraints during execution and may provide some insights:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/dm-1010infoanalyzerresources/index.html
  • eric g. s
    eric g. s
    15 Posts

‏2012-05-24T16:09:45Z  
    • smithha
    • ‏2012-05-24T13:03:13Z
    From the log, it looks like there may be an issue with the join:
    Event 3: leftouterjoin(1),0: Caught exception from runLocally()

The following article discusses how the processes are constructed and some of the resource constraints during execution and may provide some insights:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/dm-1010infoanalyzerresources/index.html
    Hi Harald,

Thanks for all the help you extended.

I simplify the rule set that I am testing. Previously, I had two data rule definitions, now I left one for this testing. I checked the joining key that caused the error previously. But now, it still encountered error (please see attached log file). If the data rule (which the data rule definition were included) was running perfectly, but not if it is in the rule set.

Please advise,
    Eric
  • eric g. s
    eric g. s
    15 Posts

‏2012-05-24T16:37:56Z  
    • eric g. s
    • ‏2012-05-24T16:09:45Z
    Hi Harald,

Thanks for all the help you extended.

I simplify the rule set that I am testing. Previously, I had two data rule definitions, now I left one for this testing. I checked the joining key that caused the error previously. But now, it still encountered error (please see attached log file). If the data rule (which the data rule definition were included) was running perfectly, but not if it is in the rule set.

Please advise,
    Eric
    Hi Harald,

I've read into some posting here that sometimes internally the rules where not updated (the post that the rule definition start with '=' as type of check then changed to in reference column.). So I just tried modifying the rule set and now it successfully run!! wohooo!!! Now I am adding another rule definition to make it two.

Many thanks for the patience in helping us out.

Best regards,
    Eric