Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-05-24T02:15:42Z by kenblake
kenblake
kenblake
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Install not finishing at restarting services

‏2012-05-23T15:21:52Z |
I am installing the latest beta drop. I was able to boot and install the 2 storage nodes and the compute node. According to the details, it was restarting the services.

2012-05-23 09:41:15 hostnameHere Init_services Starting all services; please wait . . .

Since this was taking a while, I started digging through the logs and found this:

Warning: Permanently added 'kernel-service,172.20.101.200' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
cat: /.CLOUD_FIRST_BOOT: No such file or directory
Waiting for the hbase cluster to be ready!

It seems to be hung waiting on a file that it is not finding.

Is there any recovery from this? If not, is there a way to prevent it during a reinstall?

Thanks
Ken
Updated on 2012-05-24T02:15:42Z at 2012-05-24T02:15:42Z by kenblake
  • rossella
    rossella
    58 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Install not finishing at restarting services

‏2012-05-23T20:07:45Z  in response to kenblake
    Hi!

The first think I would check if hbase is really stuck... Actually even easier waht I would do is to stop all services again, ensure they are really stopped (you may need to kill some of them) and then try to restart them.
    Actually, since the first one you may want to start is hbase, as soon as you started it, look into its logs. They should be somewhere under /opt/hbase*/ the name of the directory is logs.

If there are issues in starting HBASE then there is no sense to try to start all the other pieces, that's why I'm suggesting to investigate HBASE first.
    • kenblake
      kenblake
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-24T02:15:42Z  in response to rossella
      Actually, it is a little worse than that. After digging around in the logs and scripts, I figured out that it did not install hbase. I am going to reimage the box in the morning and start over, but do the cli install this time so that I can check it after each step and see where it is going wrong. The gui installer is nice, but it is worthless at error reporting.
  • PeterTuton
    PeterTuton
    14 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-23T22:56:40Z  in response to kenblake
    For the record Ken, you're not alone - I experienced the same issue. I did not attempt to resolve it though because I realised I selected minimal install instead of custom, where the symptom did not persist.