• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-24T09:45:10Z by SystemAdmin
PingLu
PingLu
44 Posts

Pinned topic Integration with Microsoft Dynamics

‏2012-05-22T14:29:33Z |
Hi,

in our project, we need to get data from Microsoft Dynamics. So how do we interface with Microsoft Dynamics to get the data. Which EndPoint do we use to call MSDynamics?

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-05-24T09:45:10Z at 2012-05-24T09:45:10Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

Re: Integration with Microsoft Dynamics

‏2012-05-22T15:03:19Z  
    Hi,

Did you have a look at some of the TIPs involving Dynamics? In TIP T0217 for instance, a Web Service endpoint is used to connect to MS Dynamics. So I assume that, using their SOAP API, Cast Iron can connect with a Web Service endpoint.

Regards,
    Magali
  • PingLu
    PingLu
    44 Posts

‏2012-05-22T15:21:15Z  
    Hi,

Did you have a look at some of the TIPs involving Dynamics? In TIP T0217 for instance, a Web Service endpoint is used to connect to MS Dynamics. So I assume that, using their SOAP API, Cast Iron can connect with a Web Service endpoint.

Regards,
    Magali
    Hi,

I downloaded T0217, and go through the those two orchestrations. You said it used the a Web Service Endpoint, but what I see is it uses an HTTP Endpoint to Post Request to get the Dynamics Data. I do see an Endpoint "MSD_WebService", but it is not used in both orchestrations. So I'm a little bit confused.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

‏2012-05-22T15:30:59Z  
    • PingLu
    • ‏2012-05-22T15:21:15Z
    Hi,

I downloaded T0217, and go through the those two orchestrations. You said it used the a Web Service Endpoint, but what I see is it uses an HTTP Endpoint to Post Request to get the Dynamics Data. I do see an Endpoint "MSD_WebService", but it is not used in both orchestrations. So I'm a little bit confused.
    Maybe this TIP would need to be updated somehow.
    Anyway, do you have (or is there) a SOAP API for MS Dynamics?

Regards,
    Magali
  • PingLu
    PingLu
    44 Posts

‏2012-05-22T16:44:40Z  
    Maybe this TIP would need to be updated somehow.
    Anyway, do you have (or is there) a SOAP API for MS Dynamics?

Regards,
    Magali
    Thanks Magali,

I don't have a SOAP API for MS Dynamics. Can you give me some suggestion on how to get this? Thanks a lot.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

‏2012-05-24T09:45:10Z  
    • PingLu
    • ‏2012-05-22T16:44:40Z
    Thanks Magali,

I don't have a SOAP API for MS Dynamics. Can you give me some suggestion on how to get this? Thanks a lot.
    Well, why don't you contact Microsoft for this? I imagine they'll be able to provide you with all the information you need.
    Since I am working for IBM, I have to admit that I am not sure to be the right person for getting you an access to their SOAP (or REST, if exists) API.
    Also, you may want to ask you business partners skilled on Microsoft, who could provide you with some input on how to get it.

Regards,
    Magali