• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-28T13:20:56Z by Dave_Ward
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
35 Posts

Pinned topic IBM Case Manager Builder in different Browsers

‏2012-05-21T22:03:13Z |
Hi All,

I am trying to open IBM Case Manager Builder in different Browsers and observer the different Results in each Browser.

1) In IE 9 ,it is taking some much time to Login.
2) In Chrome ,I am not able to open the Step Editor.
3) In Firefox Mozilla v 12, the swimlanes are missing when you open the Step Editor. (Firefox 3.6 works fine)

How can I access IBM Case Manager using the current available browsers ?

Thanks in Advance,
Carlo Borsoi
Updated on 2012-05-23T12:15:34Z at 2012-05-23T12:15:34Z by SystemAdmin
  • drdamour
    drdamour
    25 Posts

Re: IBM Case Manager Builder in different Browsers

‏2012-05-22T20:36:55Z  
    No, they more modern ones aren't supported.

the HW & SW requirements for P8 also contain the charts for ICM.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3278&uid=swg27013654

note under client requirements, moz 4-6 only work for the case client, chrome is absent.

I am Just a new Boy,
    A Stranger in this Town,
    Where are All the Good Times,
    Who's Gonna Show this Stranger Around?
    Check out our Agile ACM Catalogue: Widgets, APIs, & Components for Building Solutions
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    35 Posts

‏2012-05-22T23:04:20Z  
    • drdamour
    • ‏2012-05-22T20:36:55Z
    No, they more modern ones aren't supported.

the HW & SW requirements for P8 also contain the charts for ICM.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3278&uid=swg27013654

note under client requirements, moz 4-6 only work for the case client, chrome is absent.

I am Just a new Boy,
    A Stranger in this Town,
    Where are All the Good Times,
    Who's Gonna Show this Stranger Around?
    Check out our Agile ACM Catalogue: Widgets, APIs, & Components for Building Solutions
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply but it is a very bad news. How to convince a customer to change his browser version ?

Does anybody know if this will be changed in the next version of ACM ? And when?
    Regards,
    Carlo
  • Dave_Ward
    Dave_Ward
    38 Posts

‏2012-05-23T09:04:34Z  
    Are all of your concerns around using the features of Case Builder in the latest browsers? Given that access to Case Builder should be severely limited is this a big problem? Get the customer to create a virtual desktop running FF3.6 specifically for running Case Builder.
    I would be more concerned about whether Case Client runs against the customers browser preference and whether Client performance is acceptable.
    We have just implemented ICM 5.1 against IE9 and whilst there's no denying it is slower than FF, the performance is still adequate to meet user expectation
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    35 Posts

‏2012-05-23T12:15:34Z  
    • Dave_Ward
    • ‏2012-05-23T09:04:34Z
    Are all of your concerns around using the features of Case Builder in the latest browsers? Given that access to Case Builder should be severely limited is this a big problem? Get the customer to create a virtual desktop running FF3.6 specifically for running Case Builder.
    I would be more concerned about whether Case Client runs against the customers browser preference and whether Client performance is acceptable.
    We have just implemented ICM 5.1 against IE9 and whilst there's no denying it is slower than FF, the performance is still adequate to meet user expectation
    Hi Dave, thanks for your post and ideas.
  • Tristan Bergsma
    Tristan Bergsma
    1 Post

‏2013-08-12T12:16:08Z  
    • Dave_Ward
    • ‏2012-05-23T09:04:34Z

Hi Dave,

I understand that this is a minor problem in the Case Manager Builder environment. However I experienced that drag and drop in the Case Manager Client is not supported by the current FF and IE, you need to use FF 19 and lower. Is there a fix coming for this?

Kind regards,

Tristan Bergsma

• Dave_Ward
    Dave_Ward
    38 Posts

‏2013-08-28T13:20:56Z  

Hi Tristan,

I expect there will be a fix pack out shortly to allow ICM 5.1.1 to work with P8 5.2 and it's possible that some newer browsers may be supported in this FP.
    Have you thought about raising a support call with IBM to see if anything concrete is in the pipeline?
    At the current speed which Mozilla are releasing new versions of FF I'm surprised anyone can keep up with them!

Regards,

Dave.