Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-20T13:14:04Z by DonCarr
TSXN_Nirlesh_Patel
TSXN_Nirlesh_Patel
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Citrix Receiver Error trying to acess WODM Sandbox

‏2012-05-18T13:42:27Z |
Hi,

I am trying to access the WODM sandbox and get a Citrix Receiver popup nessage "The network connection to your application was interrupted. Try ti access your application later, or contact your helpdesk." I am using Receiver 3.2 on Win7 64bit, from home. Sometimes I get as far as seeing the remote desktop before the error pops up.

The "Unable to access IBMPM 7.5" thread indicated that adding a bunch of IPs to Trusted Sites might help but it did not.

The Application Event log contains an entry with Event Id=1 and following description:
Vanadium: TW Protocol error: Data rejected
Cmd = CMD_TW2_TEXTOUT
The data containing the error is below (1951 bytes)

Regards
NP
  • DonCarr
    DonCarr
    45 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Citrix Receiver Error trying to acess WODM Sandbox

‏2012-05-18T16:34:31Z  in response to TSXN_Nirlesh_Patel
    Hello Nirlesh,

Are you connecting through work or on personal network. My reason for asking is that your firewall maybe blocking / cancelling your connection. It appears from your description below Citrix is never able to pull up our image. Is that correct?

Do you see a MetaFrame window with the exercise icons? If yes, can you provide details from the URL?

Regards,
    Don
    • TSXN_Nirlesh_Patel
      TSXN_Nirlesh_Patel
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-21T13:35:25Z  in response to DonCarr
      Hi Don

I am working from home on a personal network (Verizon FIOS internet). I have attahed a screendump showing the screen just before it disappears and I get the popup error message. The screen in the background is the Rational Online Trial Environment screen with URL http://198.81.193.64:10083/Citrix/MetaFrame/default/default.aspx.
  • C75G_Muhammad_Shafi_khanzada
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-26T11:58:24Z  in response to TSXN_Nirlesh_Patel
    "I am trying to access the WODM sandbox and get a Citrix Receiver popup nessage "The network connection to your application was interrupted. Try ti access your application later, or contact your helpdesk." I am using Receiver 3.2 on Win7 64bit, from home. Sometimes I get as far as seeing the remote desktop before the error pops up.

The "Unable to access IBMPM 7.5" thread indicated that adding a bunch of IPs to Trusted Sites might help but it did not.

The Application Event log contains an entry with Event Id=1 and following description:
    Vanadium: TW Protocol error: Data rejected
    Cmd = CMD_TW2_TEXTOUT
    The data containing the error is below (1951 bytes)"

Hi Nirlesh,
    I am also trying to access the WODM sandbox and also get the same errors and same logs as you have mentioned in your post.
    Could you please tell me how to solve this issue.

thanks in advance
    • DP31_Markus_Schinle
      DP31_Markus_Schinle
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-20T10:04:01Z  in response to C75G_Muhammad_Shafi_khanzada
      I'm trying to evaluate "WebSphere Operational Decision Management" and got the same error! Any solution?

Thanks in advance
      • DonCarr
        DonCarr
        45 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-20T13:14:04Z  in response to DP31_Markus_Schinle
        Hello Markus,

How far do you get re starting the exercise? It sounds as if you can clear the registration process fine and are able to view / click the icons in the MetaFrame window. Does Citrix fail to remain connected after you click the exercise icon?

If yes, then your firewall may be blocking the connection, or disconnecting you prematurely. Can you adjust your security policy as follows?

Solution:
        The following ports must be open in the firewall to allow Citrix internet traffic to pass through to communicate with the Citrix Server:
        TCP/IP Port 1494 (INBOUND)
        Important note: In environments where Session Reliability is enabled, TCP/IP port 2598 replaces port 1494 as the port that the ICA protocol uses. See this blog post for more detail.
        TCP/IP Port 443 (INBOUND & OUTBOUND)
        UDP Port 1604 (INBOUND & OUTBOUND)
        To reconfigure the Windows XP SP2 firewall to allow Citrix traffic to pass through:
        1. Click Start, Run, and enter wscui.cpl.
        2. Click the Windows Firewall icon.
        3. The Windows Firewall window is displayed.
        4. Make sure Don’t allow exceptions is deselected.
        5. From the Exceptions tab, click Add Port.
        6. The Add a Port dialog box is displayed. Enter any name in the Name field, enter 1494 in the Port field, and select TCP.
        7. Repeat to add ports 443 (TCP) and 1604 (UDP).
        8. Click Exit to exit Windows Firewall setup.
        9. Log on to the Citrix Server again.

Regards,
        Don