Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-09T04:37:45Z by dijohuang
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
102 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Cross-cell communication - setting up a star topology

‏2012-05-17T01:10:17Z |
We are configuring VE in a star topology where there is a cell of ODRs routing traffic to cells containing dynamic clusters.

We have performed the following steps:
  • run the useWVEBB.py script to enable the BBSON
  • linked the cells using the linkCells.py script

When we access the application via the ODR, we get a 404.

So the question I have is, are there more steps we need to add to completely enable cross-cell communication? Do we need to use core group bridges instead in this case instead of BBSON?

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-06-09T04:37:45Z at 2012-06-09T04:37:45Z by dijohuang
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cross-cell communication - setting up a star topology

‏2012-05-17T01:35:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I'm thinking I need to perform the steps in this link:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wveinfo/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.websphere.virtualenterprise.doc/odoe_task/todoecrosscell.html

And that BBSON is for intra-cell communication. I'll test it out and post the solution in case someone else is interested.
  • TomPatterson
    TomPatterson
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-17T01:52:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Bridging all core groups between the cells should not be needed in supported WVE star topologies. What version of VE and ND is being used in the center cell? What version of VE and ND are being used in the point cells? Are the cells involved fully WVE augmented?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      102 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-17T13:25:06Z  in response to TomPatterson
      We are using WAS v7 and WVE v7.

If I am interpreting what you are saying correctly, you are saying that using BBSON is sufficient?

Do we have to set up generic server clusters to facilitate the routing of requests from the ODRs to the other cells?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        102 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-17T16:54:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        We figured out the problem. No need to bridge the core groups between the cells. Our nodes on the application server cells (the points of the star) were not augmented with VE. After augmenting and recreating the clusters, everything is now working - the application is now accessible via the ODR.
        • dijohuang
          dijohuang
          2 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-09T03:56:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          hi, i've got the same problem at Configuring the Cross-Cell communictation.
          i have two cells,odrcell and wascell, and i have configured the CGB between the CG in the two cells.but still can not access the application via the ODR.

Also, i have augment the wascell with VE.

As your experience in the post, to config the Cross-Cell comm should follow these steps:

1,install wascell
          2,install odrcell
          3,run the useWVEBB.py script(is it the script in /AppServer/bin in wascell? )
          4,linked the cells using the linkCells.py script(linkCells.py in which cell should be used ?)

am i right?

Thanks in advance.
          • dijohuang
            dijohuang
            2 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-09T04:37:45Z  in response to dijohuang
            ok, i have made the problem. run useWVEBB.py on both cells at the install-root/bin. run linkCells.sh on one Cells at the install-root/bin, then restart all the processes , then it works.!