Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-17T18:58:53Z by TerryOakley
TerryOakley
TerryOakley
5 Posts

Pinned topic Deploy Portlet Factory 6.0 App to Portal 7.0

‏2012-05-16T20:29:36Z |
I am attempting to deploy an application developed in Portlet Factory for Portal 6.0 to a Portal 7.0 installation. I am mainly looking for generic help/advice/guidelines but I have a specific error that I cannot solve.

The application seems to deploy and run correctly. During operation, when I attempt to make a request that invokes a web service call to the backend, I get the following error. Now, the system out gives me nothing else and I am not even sure what object is making the call that results in the exception:

Exception java.lang.NullPointerException

Stack Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.ServletFileUpload.isMultipartContent(ServletFileUpload.java:68)
at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.isMultipartContent(FileUploadBase.java:106)
at com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.WebAppRunner.isMultipartRequest(WebAppRunner.java:1451)
at com.bowstreet.portlet.adapter.WebAppRunnerPortlet.createRequestInputs(WebAppRunnerPortlet.java:1630)
at com.bowstreet.portlet.adapter.WebAppRunnerPortlet.runModel(WebAppRunnerPortlet.java:1345)
at com.bowstreet.portlet.adapter.WebAppRunnerPortlet.runModel(WebAppRunnerPortlet.java:1303)
at com.bowstreet.portlet.adapter.WebAppRunnerPortlet.runModel(WebAppRunnerPortlet.java:1275)
I am seeing a different exception in the systemout.log and FFDC that I am not sure if it is related. This is:

5/16/12 14:32:54:680 CDT FFDC Exception:com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppErrorReport SourceId:com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.FilterProxyServlet.dispatch ProbeId:312 Reporter:com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.FilterProxyServlet@477a477a
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppErrorReport: SRVE0190E: File not found: /ilink/common/css/null
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.handleRequest(DefaultExtensionProcessor.java:966)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3935)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:276)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:931)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1592)

So, if anyone has any ideas or help, I would appreciate it.
Updated on 2012-05-17T18:58:53Z at 2012-05-17T18:58:53Z by TerryOakley
  • TerryOakley
    TerryOakley
    5 Posts

Re: Deploy Portlet Factory 6.0 App to Portal 7.0

‏2012-05-16T21:14:08Z  
    Quick update. The problem still exists, but it is not related to the .../css/null issue. I did not think it was, but you can never be too sure when things happen concurrently. We fixed that problem, but the original issue still exists.
  • mburati
    mburati
    427 Posts

‏2012-05-17T02:09:38Z  
    What version of WPF/WEF are you using with that portlet? Portal 6.0 and WPF 6.0 are pretty old and WPF 6.0 came out years before WP7.0, and thus may have been built using earlier versions of APIs supplied by the later portal version. It looks like there may have been a change around that line of code that leverages commons-fileupload to tolerate commons-fileupload 1.1 in WPF 6.1, so it's possible that you're using a version of WPF older than 6.1?

If possible, you may want to upgrade the portlet to WEF 7.0.1.x first and then deploy it to Portal 7.

..mb1
  • TerryOakley
    TerryOakley
    5 Posts

‏2012-05-17T18:58:53Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2012-05-17T02:09:38Z
    What version of WPF/WEF are you using with that portlet? Portal 6.0 and WPF 6.0 are pretty old and WPF 6.0 came out years before WP7.0, and thus may have been built using earlier versions of APIs supplied by the later portal version. It looks like there may have been a change around that line of code that leverages commons-fileupload to tolerate commons-fileupload 1.1 in WPF 6.1, so it's possible that you're using a version of WPF older than 6.1?

If possible, you may want to upgrade the portlet to WEF 7.0.1.x first and then deploy it to Portal 7.

..mb1
    It was developed in PF 6.0 for Portal 6.0 originally. I am trying the code migration to WEF 7.0 standards first as well, but we had hangups there and tried to just do a deploy of the 6.0 code to get us operational. Though with some of these issues, I am not sure which is going to bear fruit first.