Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-18T01:15:16Z by SystemAdmin
clarkep
clarkep
3 Posts

Pinned topic Simple Windows GUI program gives 0xc00000fd error

‏2012-05-16T16:23:04Z |
I have a simple Windows GUI program but when I try to run it through purify 7.0.1 0-003 I get the error....

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000fd). Click OK to close the application"

Where do I go to find what this error means and does anyone know how I might fix it ?
Updated on 2012-05-18T01:15:16Z at 2012-05-18T01:15:16Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2948 Posts

Re: Simple Windows GUI program gives 0xc00000fd error

‏2012-05-17T02:30:02Z  
    Please confirm these first:
    1. Does the program run well with previous Purify like 7.0.1.0-001?
    If the program is same, run well through 7.0.1.0-001 but error with 7.0.1.0-003, you may contact PurifyPlus support team, otherwise, please check your program settings.
    2. Does the error occur with this program only? no this problems with other programs?
    If many programs have this problem in your environment, you may contact PurifyPlus support team, otherwise, please check your program settings refer to PurifyPlus online help.

Please also check you are using PurifyPlus on supported systems, and ensure you are not conflict between 64-bit and 32-bit.

Regards,
    Gary
  • clarkep
    clarkep
    3 Posts

‏2012-05-17T08:55:10Z  
    Please confirm these first:
    1. Does the program run well with previous Purify like 7.0.1.0-001?
    If the program is same, run well through 7.0.1.0-001 but error with 7.0.1.0-003, you may contact PurifyPlus support team, otherwise, please check your program settings.
    2. Does the error occur with this program only? no this problems with other programs?
    If many programs have this problem in your environment, you may contact PurifyPlus support team, otherwise, please check your program settings refer to PurifyPlus online help.

Please also check you are using PurifyPlus on supported systems, and ensure you are not conflict between 64-bit and 32-bit.

Regards,
    Gary
    Hi,

1. I don't know whether it worked on the previous versions of Purify. This is the first version I've tried it on. I'm loathed to try it on previous versions because it took me ages to get this version of Purify installed and running.

2. I seem to get the error on any program I try and start. It seems like the installed Purify just doesn't work at all.
    How do I contact the support team. Can you send me instructions to paulg_clarke@uk.ibm.com

I am using it on Windows 7 64-bit. Surely if that wasn't supported it wouldn't have installed. What do you mean by 'conflict between 64bit and 32bit ?'. I am running 32bit Purify against a 32bit program on a 64bit Windows 7.

Cheers,
    Paul.
  • clarkep
    clarkep
    3 Posts

‏2012-05-17T09:24:40Z  
    • clarkep
    • ‏2012-05-17T08:55:10Z
    Hi,

1. I don't know whether it worked on the previous versions of Purify. This is the first version I've tried it on. I'm loathed to try it on previous versions because it took me ages to get this version of Purify installed and running.

2. I seem to get the error on any program I try and start. It seems like the installed Purify just doesn't work at all.
    How do I contact the support team. Can you send me instructions to paulg_clarke@uk.ibm.com

I am using it on Windows 7 64-bit. Surely if that wasn't supported it wouldn't have installed. What do you mean by 'conflict between 64bit and 32bit ?'. I am running 32bit Purify against a 32bit program on a 64bit Windows 7.

Cheers,
    Paul.
    I've made some progress. Looks like it may be UAC related. If I run the Purify program as 'Run as Administrator' then the program comes up and is analyzed. I have had one or two hangs of the program as I move and re-size windows but it does seem to be doing its thing. So, quite why Purify reports error 0xc00000fd rather than 'You must run with administrator privileges' is beyond me.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2948 Posts

‏2012-05-18T01:15:16Z  
    • clarkep
    • ‏2012-05-17T08:55:10Z
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Paul.
    Hi Paul,

PurifyPlus 7.0.1.0-003 supports Windows 7 64-bit. My conflict means you should use 32-bit PurifyPlus (in x86 folder) to instrument 32-bit applications, use 64-bit PurifyPlus (in x64 folder) to instrument 64-bit applications.

Formally customers call IBM Level 1 support team for help, or submit a PMR in the PMR system.

Looks you can go ahead to use PurifyPlus for hard-to-find defects, we recommend you to run PurifyPlus as Administrator. If you want PurifyPlus to report this error, you may submit a RFE to PurifyPlus development team.

Regards,
    Gary