• 16 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-06-01T04:08:38Z by ambati
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
102 Posts

Pinned topic Getting 404 error while accessing application through ODR

‏2012-05-16T13:30:26Z |
Hi,

I have installed WASND7.0 with fixpack 21 and created DMGR and 2 profiles. After that I installed WVE 6.1.1 with fixpack 3 and augmented all three profiles. I have now created one ODR on 1st node and dynamic cluster on other node. I can access application using port of application server but when I access through ODR I get 404 error.

I also ran following 2 scripts to debug the issue

./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -f odrDebug.py setHttpDebug localhostNode01 QAODR 404 true 1
./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -f odrDebug.py setHttpDebug localhostNode01 QAODR 404 true 2

now in SystemOut.log file i can see following error

HttpDebugResp I URL: http://localhost:80/PlantsByWebSphere/, statusCode: 404, reason: application reject routing rule was matched
Does any one have any idea what is the issue? I do not have any routing rule or routing policy created.

I have also attached target.xml with this post.

Thanks,

Kashif

Attachments

Updated on 2012-06-01T04:08:38Z at 2012-06-01T04:08:38Z by ambati
  • ambati
    ambati
    13 Posts

Re: Getting 404 error while accessing application through ODR

‏2012-05-17T03:41:47Z  
    Hi , the target.xml shows that "qaCluster" does not have any members and there are no applications either. This is the reason why ODR is not able to route PlantsByWebSphere because ODR maps the request to GenericApplication, whose default route action is reject.

I am assuming that you federated the nodes before installing VE and augmenting existing profiles. Were you able to start the node agents after augmenting the profiles?

Was PlantsByWebSphere installed before or after profiles were augmented?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

‏2012-05-17T07:51:56Z  
    • ambati
    • ‏2012-05-17T03:41:47Z
    Hi , the target.xml shows that "qaCluster" does not have any members and there are no applications either. This is the reason why ODR is not able to route PlantsByWebSphere because ODR maps the request to GenericApplication, whose default route action is reject.

I am assuming that you federated the nodes before installing VE and augmenting existing profiles. Were you able to start the node agents after augmenting the profiles?

Was PlantsByWebSphere installed before or after profiles were augmented?
    Hi Anil,

I also checked and did not see the application in target.xml.

Yes I federated the nodes before augmenting existing profiles. I am also able restart all processes including node agents.

Plantsbywebsphere was installed before augmentation but I mapped it on dynamic cluster after i created dynamic cluster with 1 member.

• Kashif
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

‏2012-05-17T14:24:11Z  
    In the WAS console under Edition Control Center, did you check to make sure the application edition was in the ACTIVE state? I know that it should be the base edition and active by default, but you just might check to make sure.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

‏2012-05-17T16:49:36Z  
    In the WAS console under Edition Control Center, did you check to make sure the application edition was in the ACTIVE state? I know that it should be the base edition and active by default, but you just might check to make sure.
    Hi LelandIrwin,

I have already verified that application is in Active mode and I have also mentioned earlier that I can access it by hitting application server directly.

I am same issue with default application (/snoop) as well.
    I have created similar enviroment several times on AIX but I never ran into this issue earlier.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

‏2012-05-17T20:26:51Z  
    Kashif,

I noticed that you have the following for membership policy for your dynamic cluster named qaCluster:

<property name="memberShipPolicy" value="node_nodegroup = 'qaNodeGroup' AND node_property$com.ibm.websphere.wxdopProductShortName = 'WXDOP'" priority="0"/>

Can you tell me if you created the Node Group called 'qaNodeGroup' and added your new node into it? I know, dumb question, but just trying to narrow down the possibility of problems.

And just curious as to know why WVE 6.1.1 and not 7.0.

• Lee
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

‏2012-05-17T20:43:07Z  
    Kashif,

I noticed that you have the following for membership policy for your dynamic cluster named qaCluster:

<property name="memberShipPolicy" value="node_nodegroup = 'qaNodeGroup' AND node_property$com.ibm.websphere.wxdopProductShortName = 'WXDOP'" priority="0"/>

Can you tell me if you created the Node Group called 'qaNodeGroup' and added your new node into it? I know, dumb question, but just trying to narrow down the possibility of problems.

• Lee
    LelandIrwin,

Yes I have node group created and node is also added to nodegroup as member. The reason why I am using WVE 6.1.1.3 is because I have to migrated existing QA and Production environment from WASND7 and WVE 6.1.1.3 to WASND 8.0 and WVE 7.0.0.2 therefore I am creating a test environment to follow and test migration steps.

Thanks,

Kashif
  • ambati
    ambati
    13 Posts

‏2012-05-17T21:24:47Z  
    Hi LelandIrwin,

I have already verified that application is in Active mode and I have also mentioned earlier that I can access it by hitting application server directly.

I am same issue with default application (/snoop) as well.
    I have created similar enviroment several times on AIX but I never ran into this issue earlier.
    One other thing we noticed is that there are not nodes in nodegroup 'qaNodeGroup'. I am assuming that you used this nodegroup in the membership policy of the dynamic cluster during it's creation. That is the reason the dynamic cluster 'qaCluster' is created with out any members.

Can you try adding a node to qaNodeGroup, this should create a member in qaCluster (again, I am assuming that you used qaNodeGroup in the membership policy).
    Once cluster member is created, start it (if DC is manual mode) and then make sure PlantsByWebSphere is installed on the DC member.

THen try routing through ODR.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

‏2012-05-18T12:15:34Z  
    LelandIrwin,

Yes I have node group created and node is also added to nodegroup as member. The reason why I am using WVE 6.1.1.3 is because I have to migrated existing QA and Production environment from WASND7 and WVE 6.1.1.3 to WASND 8.0 and WVE 7.0.0.2 therefore I am creating a test environment to follow and test migration steps.

Thanks,

Kashif
    Kashif,

I'm not great at debugging without being hands on, but I'd suggest, if you haven't done so already, bouncing everything in your cell. As previously stated, the dynamic cluster members are missing from the target.xml as well as the PlantsByWebSphere application, so your request is failing.

If bouncing doesn't recreate the ODC tree, then I would suggest uninstalling the application, rebuilding the dynamic cluster, and reinstalling the application.

• Lee
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

‏2012-05-18T16:15:23Z  
    Kashif,

• Lee
    Hi Anil,

I have already verified nodegroups member and also dynamic cluster member. please have look at attached screen shot. I thing I noticed that Dynamic cluster showing Number of running instance = 0 althrogh one instance is running.

I also redeployed the application but no luck.

Regards,

Kashif
  • ambati
    ambati
    13 Posts

‏2012-05-18T17:41:09Z  
    Hi Anil,

I have already verified nodegroups member and also dynamic cluster member. please have look at attached screen shot. I thing I noticed that Dynamic cluster showing Number of running instance = 0 althrogh one instance is running.

Regards,

Kashif
    Kashif,
    Can you post logs (include FFDC) from the ODR node. Do you see any port conflict errors in the ODR log, for that matter in any nodeagent logs? You should see errors like "Unable to bind to UDP port".
  • McGillQ
    McGillQ
    5 Posts

‏2012-05-18T17:51:35Z  
    Hi Anil,

Regards,

Kashif
    Hi Kashif,
    The image that you provided shows that there are no running instances, but it does not give us a clear view of the members of the dynamic cluster. A screen shot of the application servers collection panel or all server collection panel that list all of the application servers. Specifically looking for the members of the dynamic clusters in this list.

Also, a copy of target.xml from the deployment manager would give a view of the entire environment. The target.xml from the ODR indicates that there are no members in the dynamic cluster that you had created. If you open a PMR those are items that will be asked for as well.

--McGill
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

‏2012-05-21T20:50:00Z  
    • ambati
    • ‏2012-05-18T17:41:09Z
    Kashif,
    Can you post logs (include FFDC) from the ODR node. Do you see any port conflict errors in the ODR log, for that matter in any nodeagent logs? You should see errors like "Unable to bind to UDP port".
    Hi Anil and McGill,

I had actually deleted dynamic cluster and recreated before looking at your post. I am now having another issue which is similar to the one I had once in my production environment but I was unbale to recreate.

After recreating dynamic cluster When I set Dynamic cluster to Automatic mode, the cluster member automatically stops and in manuall mode it starts fine but application is still not accessible.

The logs I collected has 41 MB in size. Please advise!

Thanks,

Kashif
  • McGillQ
    McGillQ
    5 Posts

‏2012-05-22T02:01:22Z  
    Hi Anil and McGill,

I had actually deleted dynamic cluster and recreated before looking at your post. I am now having another issue which is similar to the one I had once in my production environment but I was unbale to recreate.

After recreating dynamic cluster When I set Dynamic cluster to Automatic mode, the cluster member automatically stops and in manuall mode it starts fine but application is still not accessible.

The logs I collected has 41 MB in size. Please advise!

Thanks,

Kashif
    I suggest opening a PMR. The new problem is that the dynamic cluster member are reported as stopped?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

‏2012-05-22T13:09:44Z  
    • McGillQ
    • ‏2012-05-22T02:01:22Z
    I suggest opening a PMR. The new problem is that the dynamic cluster member are reported as stopped?
    Sure I will open a PMR, The new issue is when i set Dynamic cluster from manual to automatic, the cluster member automatically stops but in manual mode it keeps running.

Thanks,

Kashif
  • KevinLin
    KevinLin
    1 Post

‏2012-06-01T03:49:47Z  
    Sure I will open a PMR, The new issue is when i set Dynamic cluster from manual to automatic, the cluster member automatically stops but in manual mode it keeps running.

Thanks,

Kashif
    Kashif,

Do you get the solution already?

To all,
    I faced the same problem on WVE v7002 on WAS v8003 in both of Windows and HP-UX. Don't know why the target.xml doesn't contain any information about the installed application and always get 404 error return. I did almost the same things as Kashif except I used the default node group.

So, would like to ask whether there is anyone that has the experience to solve this problem?
  • ambati
    ambati
    13 Posts

‏2012-06-01T04:08:38Z  
    • KevinLin
    • ‏2012-06-01T03:49:47Z
    Kashif,

Do you get the solution already?

To all,
    I faced the same problem on WVE v7002 on WAS v8003 in both of Windows and HP-UX. Don't know why the target.xml doesn't contain any information about the installed application and always get 404 error return. I did almost the same things as Kashif except I used the default node group.

So, would like to ask whether there is anyone that has the experience to solve this problem?
    Please check for any UDP or TCP port conflict errors in the ODR logs. That is most probably the reason why ODR is not getting ODC contributions from other processes, which in turn causes 404 errors.