3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-05-22T08:37:50Z by SystemAdmin
RalphReppin
RalphReppin
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic CICS Explorer is hanging when one CICS is on SOS

‏2012-05-16T10:01:26Z |
Hi,
I got some strange experience with CICS Explorer. In our development environment a CICS was hanging on SOS for a long time. As I started a session to CICS Explorer the session was hanging on fetching the CICS regions.
After I canceled the CICS region all was fine and CICS Exlorer displayed all CICS regions. I am not happy that a problem in one CICS region prevents the access to all other regions.
The problem occured independent from the interface (Data Interface / CMCI). We are running CPSM in Version 4.2 while most of the MAS are still at TS 3.2. But we already detected this problem as CPSM was running in Version 3.2

Has someone an idea how to prevent this behaviour?

Greetings
Ralph Reppin
Updated on 2012-05-22T08:37:50Z at 2012-05-22T08:37:50Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: CICS Explorer is hanging when one CICS is on SOS

‏2012-05-16T12:59:26Z  in response to RalphReppin
    Hi Ralph,

Would you be able to collect the service data (from the Explorer menu, or File menu if you're on Explorer 1.1.1)?

It would be best if triggered the issue with the SOS, cancel the CICS region and have them displayed correctly, then collect the service data immediately so that it's easy for me to follow what's happening.

Feel free to send to dave.nice@uk.ibm.com.

Thanks,

Dave
    • RalphReppin
      RalphReppin
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-21T05:48:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Dave,
      unfortunately CICS Explorer is not hanging on every SOS. I tried to reproduce the failure but was not successful. But we had this problem several times in the past. I will send the service data as soon as the problem will occur next time.

Greetings
      Ralph
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        270 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-22T08:37:50Z  in response to RalphReppin
        Thanks Ralph.

Interesting to note that the problem is intermittent. Do get back in touch when you next see the problem.

Dave