Topic
14 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-05-31T12:35:12Z by DonCarr
BK9T_Jens_Farschtschiyan
9 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Cognos Express trial: ERROR: The credentials supplied were invalid....

‏2012-05-15T12:31:49Z |
I am getting this error when opening the trial page (Metaframe Server)
ERROR: The credentials supplied were invalid. Please try again.

http://198.81.193.170:10174/Citrix/MetaFrame/default/default.aspx?NFuse_LogoutId=On&NFuse_MessageType=Error&NFuse_Message=Thex0020credentialsx0020suppliedx0020werex0020invalidx002ex0020x0020Pleasex0020tryx0020againx002e

I need to access this site urgently. Many thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-05-31T12:35:12Z at 2012-05-31T12:35:12Z by DonCarr
  • DonCarr
    DonCarr
    45 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cognos Express trial: ERROR: The credentials supplied were invalid....

‏2012-05-15T19:58:41Z  in response to BK9T_Jens_Farschtschiyan
    Hello Jans,

Thanks for providing the image details. We apologize for your not being able to connect. Were you able to sign on to the exercise and then lose connection, or were you not able to connect from the start => after you clicked "start your exercise" for the first time? I infer the latter, but want to confirm.

We are resetting this image now, which should release your session and allow you to register for a new one. We have been experiencing issues with how our images get recycled and obtain new sign-on credentials. I suspect our resetting the image will enable you to connect properly. If not, we will work to get you connected.

Can you tell us more about the platform, browser and Citrix client you are using to access the exercises? Some connection issues can be caused by firewall, browser and / or Citrix client software incompatibility issues.

Regards,
    • BK9T_Jens_Farschtschiyan
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-16T06:14:51Z  in response to DonCarr
      Hi Don,

I could not login on this site (http://198.81.193.170:10174/Citrix/MetaFrame/default/default.aspx) but now I can see the Metaframe site. When starting CognosExpress from the Applications screen on the left I get a new error message, that there is no Citrix XenApp-server configured with this address.

Jens
    9 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-16T06:18:11Z  in response to BK9T_Jens_Farschtschiyan
    I am using Citrix Receiver v.3.2.0.5831 and Firefox 12 on a Windows XP machine.
    9 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-16T06:28:02Z  in response to BK9T_Jens_Farschtschiyan
    I wish I could edit messages here ;-)

Now I am getting redirected to this site which causes the error above when starting CognosExpress: http://204.90.115.220:10176/Citrix/MetaFrame/default/default.aspx
    • DonCarr
      DonCarr
      45 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-16T14:00:40Z  in response to BK9T_Jens_Farschtschiyan
      Hello Jens,

Thanks for the details, and I understand your "pain" re editing messages ; - ) Despite your using a new version of FF, I don't see any issues re your HW or SW.

It appears our resource manager is still not functioning 100%. I will have image 176 reprovisioned to reset it. We will do some further testing to confirm the root cause and then report back.

Thanks for your assistance and patience!

Regards,

Don
    9 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-21T07:30:03Z  in response to BK9T_Jens_Farschtschiyan
    Hello again, just tried to start Cognos Express and still got the error message as above.
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-24T13:43:13Z  in response to BK9T_Jens_Farschtschiyan
      Hello??
      • DonCarr
        DonCarr
        45 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-24T15:33:26Z  in response to BK9T_Jens_Farschtschiyan
        Hello Jens,

Apologies for the ongoing issue. Am I correct in inferring that you saw no difference between your first attempt and the later one? The image credentials were not provisioned correctly and you are unable to access the image after clicking the start icon?

Were you assigned the same image, or a different one from your first attempt? Also, are you attempting to access the image from work network or a private one?

We suspect what may be happening is your connection gets interrupted when you first connect, and as a result, our resource manager views the disconnect as real and reprovisions the credentials. When Citrix reestablishes the connection, the credentials you were provide no longer work.

Can you use Remote Desktop Protocol? Some firewall setting block it along with Citrix connections.

Regards,
        Don
          9 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-29T11:11:06Z  in response to DonCarr
          Hello Don,

this is the Citrix site I am getting forwarded at the moment:
          http://198.81.193.64:10175/Citrix/MetaFrame/default/default.aspx

Some moments after clicking the "Cognos Express" icon Citrix Receiver tries to connect and stops with the same error again (On this address there is no Citrix XenApp server configured).
          • DonCarr
            DonCarr
            45 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-29T13:35:28Z  in response to BK9T_Jens_Farschtschiyan
            Thanks, Jens. The image appears to be bad. I suspect our resource manager did not recycle it properly. I will request that it be reprovisioned manually.

Have you attempted to try the exercise again? Given that more that 4 hours have passed since you attempted this image, you should be assigned a new one.

Regards,

Don
              9 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-30T08:26:18Z  in response to DonCarr
              Hi Don,

thank you for the information. I just tested it and received the same error again.

Jens
              • DonCarr
                DonCarr
                45 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-30T17:29:08Z  in response to BK9T_Jens_Farschtschiyan
                Hello Jens,

We tested the Cognos images a few times, even the one you experienced problems with, and they worked from our side. These results lead us to believe the firewall between your machine and our images is creating the problem.

Can you use Remote Desktop Propocol (RDP) to connect to other machines / images? If so, we can create an image for you to try accessing without Citrix. If you confirm you can use RDP, I will send you the connection details.

Sometimes we find this works when all else fails.

Regards,
                Don
                  9 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-31T09:40:57Z  in response to DonCarr
                  Hi Don,

thanks. To which machine shall I try to use RDP? 198.81.193.64?
                  • DonCarr
                    DonCarr
                    45 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-31T12:35:12Z  in response to BK9T_Jens_Farschtschiyan
                    Hello Jens,

We are setting up an image for your use. I will send you the link and credentials.

Please email me: doncarr@us.ibm.com

This image will be for your use only.

Regards,

Don