Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-05-24T18:05:46Z by DonCarr
ODOTDMVMTG
ODOTDMVMTG
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic What version of the Citrix plug in should we use?

‏2012-05-14T21:18:44Z |
We are trying to access the sandbox for Asset Analyzer. When we click on the link to go to the Citrix web site to download the latest Xenapp Web Plugin we have a choice of downloading the Offline Plugin 6.6 or the Single Sign-on Plugin 5.0. Is one of these correct or should we look for something else. We have Windows XP and Windows 7 work stations.
  • DonCarr
    DonCarr
    45 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: What version of the Citrix plug in should we use?

‏2012-05-14T23:22:37Z  in response to ODOTDMVMTG
    Hello,

You will want to download Citrix Receiver for Windows 3.2. Below is a direct link to the download page. You will need to have a Citrix Log-in to access it.

https://www.citrix.com/English/ss/downloads/details.asp?downloadId=2323406&productId=1689163&c1=pov1859723&c2=ost12723

It will install the necessary browser plug-ins for Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Regards,

Don
  • ODOTDMVMTG
    ODOTDMVMTG
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-15T22:36:30Z  in response to ODOTDMVMTG
    Thanks. I down loaded it and got to the connection scree. It looked like it was trying to get to IP address 198.81.193.49.
    After awhile I got a message stating 'internal error - server connection terminated'. Do you know if this is a message from our side or the sandbox?
    • DonCarr
      DonCarr
      45 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-16T13:52:50Z  in response to ODOTDMVMTG
      Hello, it depends when you got error. We suspect it may be on our side, but we need additional details. Might you still be able to provide full IP Address?

198.81.193.49 is first part. There should have been a 5-digit number following a colon after the "49."

Did you get the error message after you clicked on the exercise icon from the open MetaFrame window?

If yes, where you able to see any of the exercise images start, or did Citrix disconnect / fail to connect you at all?

Regards,

Don
      • ODOTDMVMTG
        ODOTDMVMTG
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-24T16:39:59Z  in response to DonCarr
        I have now tried to connect form two machines attached to our network and 1 machine wireless. Each time I get a failure to connect using the IP address and then either :10047, :10048. I assume that I have connected to your site and am getting stalled there. I can ping 198.81.193.208 but can not access :10047
        • DonCarr
          DonCarr
          45 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-24T18:05:46Z  in response to ODOTDMVMTG
          Hello,

When you are trying to connect, you first click the exercise icon in the MetaFrame window, correct? My reason for asking is if you bookmark the URL and attempt connect to the image later, you likely will not be able to connect. The credentials are linked to your reservation, and once the connection is lost, the image gets recycled.

I suspect your initial connection is failing on out end, and I've engaged our hosting center to have them investigate. You are seeking to access this exercise, correct?

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/emsandbox_systemz/

Your intent is to follow the Analyze Mainframe Application instructions.

Regards,

Don