Topic
  • 16 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-25T16:30:35Z by britneytong
enrico.vannini
enrico.vannini
28 Posts

Pinned topic no instance data with drop 2

‏2012-05-14T17:19:11Z |
After installing the APM UI as described, I cannot get any instance when I edit the resource dashboard.

TIP 22 on windows
ITM 623 fp1 on linux

agents feeding ITM:
  • Web REsponse Time (t5)
  • Applicaiotn management console (t3)
  • websphere (yn)
  • transaction tracking (to/tu)

following this:
**How to get id
1) type http://<TEPS-HOST>:15210/ITMRESTProvider/test.html in browser,TEPS-HOST is TEPS host IP
2) click "GET" button
3) find items[0].id attribute from the result set,the id is TEMS HUB id.

I get id = itm.TEMS

but I did not understand what to do with that value. can that be my problem ?

with reference to previous posts:
  • firefox version is 10.0.3
  • tip and teps restarted
  • netstat on windows box "returns TCP 0.0.0.0:16311 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING"
  • no exception mentioning "JSONObject"
  • I found providers.json under D:\IBM\tivoli\tipv2\profiles\TIPProfile\installedApps\TIPCell\isc.ear\apmTIP.war\data\provider but it was not updated by steps:
1)Type https://localhost:16311/ibm/tivoli/apm/rest/apm/config.html in browser
2)Type /ibm/tivoli/apm/rest/providers/apmui/datasources/configuration/dataprovider into
the first text field
3)Put the TEPS data provider info into the "Request Data" text box, which is the third input
box in the user interface
I then updated it manually, I enclose here the new file, but still no luck. In both tests I get "Connect To Data Provider Error" in systemout (2 systemout enclosed, with both version of providers.json)
  • systemout contains: Connect To Data Provider Error
  • I then enclosed also atg01_cq_KfwServices_4fb15e68-01.log from TEPS that seems to be the only one modified when I try to get list of resources. It has multiple "EXCEPTION: Unknown exception" but the message does not help me
-

Attachments

Updated on 2012-05-25T16:30:35Z at 2012-05-25T16:30:35Z by britneytong
  • enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    28 Posts

Re: no instance data with drop 2

‏2012-05-16T15:22:12Z  
    Any help with this is appreciated.

Thanks

Enrico Vannini
  • fmarzou
    fmarzou
    17 Posts

‏2012-05-16T15:44:45Z  

Thanks

Enrico Vannini
    [{
    "host": "atg01.romelab.it.ibm.com",
    "username": "sysadmin",
    "password": "smartway",
    "port": "15210",
    "description": "ITM Data Provider",
    "id": "itm.TEMS_HUB",
    "datasource": "itmDatasources",
    "type": "CURI"
    },{
    "tipconnid": "itm.TEMS.atg01.romelab.it.ibm.com",
    "id": "itm.TEMS",
    "type": "CURI"
    }]

"id": "itm.TEMS_HUB" is not correct. put only "id": "itm.TEMS"
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    40 Posts

‏2012-05-16T18:07:51Z  

Thanks

Enrico Vannini
    Enrico, I am not sure this is same issue but I had similar problem, see 2 other posts. Make sure you have the refreshed beta 2 from May 9 and if not then uninstall or see my other post about reapplying error. I now have instances but no actual data for SAP or DB2 yet. Still working on that.

If you have the current beta 2 then your issue is not the same.
  • enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    28 Posts

‏2012-05-17T07:31:44Z  
    Enrico, I am not sure this is same issue but I had similar problem, see 2 other posts. Make sure you have the refreshed beta 2 from May 9 and if not then uninstall or see my other post about reapplying error. I now have instances but no actual data for SAP or DB2 yet. Still working on that.

If you have the current beta 2 then your issue is not the same.
    I made the suggested change in providers.json, I restarted TIP but still no luck.
    SystemOut.log still has "Connect To Data Provider Error"
    I have beta 2 for sure, as I have never downloaded beta 1 in the past, I only recently joined the beta program.

Only thing I didn't mention, but I don't think it matters, this TIP install comes from TCR 2.1.1, but TIP version seems to be ok:
    Version: 2.2.0.0
    Build Number: cf151107.06, 201105201303
    Build Date: 2/15/11, 5/20/11

Thanks
  • enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    28 Posts

‏2012-05-18T10:19:09Z  
    I made the suggested change in providers.json, I restarted TIP but still no luck.
    SystemOut.log still has "Connect To Data Provider Error"
    I have beta 2 for sure, as I have never downloaded beta 1 in the past, I only recently joined the beta program.

Only thing I didn't mention, but I don't think it matters, this TIP install comes from TCR 2.1.1, but TIP version seems to be ok:
    Version: 2.2.0.0
    Build Number: cf151107.06, 201105201303
    Build Date: 2/15/11, 5/20/11

Thanks
    I ran some more test but still no luck.
    I think I am interpreting installation readme file wrong:

When I go to this page: https://localhost:16311/ibm/tivoli/apm/rest/apm/config.html
    and file in with this:
    {
    "host": "atg01.romelab.it.ibm.com",
    "password": "smartway",
    "port": "15200",
    "id": "itm.TEMS_HUB",
    "datasource": "itmDatasources",
    "type": "CURI",
    "status": 0
    }

I get this back:
    {"uid":"7995ca766e0889134c973ffd11158bde","port":"15200","status":0,"datasource":"itmDatasources","username":"sysadmin","host":"atg01.romelab.it.ibm.com","type":"CURI","password":"smartway","id":"itm.TEMS_HUB","description":"ITM Data Provider"}

but then, if I type wrong info (wrong user, wrong password, even wrong host) I still get a similar output. . Is it ok ?

Then next step says to get the id by typing http://<TEPS-HOST>:15210/ITMRESTProvider/test.html
    I did it and got back:
    {
    "filteredRows": 1,
    "identifier": "id",
    "items": [
    {
    "MSSName": "ibm-cdm:\/\/\/CDMSS\/Hostname=atg01+ManufacturerName=IBM+ProductName=IBM Tivoli Monitoring Services",
    "baseUrl": "http:\/\/atg01.romelab.it.ibm.com:15210\/ibm\/tivoli\/rest",
    "datasetsUri": "\/providers\/itm.TEMS\/datasets",
    "datasourcesUri": "\/providers\/itm.TEMS\/datasources",
    "id": "itm.TEMS",
    "label": "TEMS",
    "remote": false,
    "type": "IBMTivoliMonitoringServices",
    "uri": "\/providers\/itm.TEMS"
    }
    ],
    "numRows": 1,
    "totalRows": 1
    }

do my TEMS HUB id is itm.TEMS.

Now what ? according to the readme I am ready to use the interface, but i tried, I restarted everything (TEMS/TEPS/TIP) but still list of resource is empty.

Please note that the only providers.json under TIPHOME is located in
    /opt/IBM/tivoli/tipv2/profiles/TIPProfile/installedApps/TIPCell/isc.ear/apmTIP.war/data/provider/
    and is not touched by any of the above steps, it still reports original data ( "host": "tivp079.cn.ibm.com", and so on).
    Of course whenever I try to retrieve resources, I get the same error in SystemOut: "Connect To Data Provider Error"

thanks
  • JunXia
    JunXia
    98 Posts

‏2012-05-20T13:10:15Z  
    Beta 2 was refreshed on 05/10 http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=428467&tstart=0, are you using that version or the first beta 2 drop?
  • enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    28 Posts

‏2012-05-21T09:34:13Z  
    • JunXia
    • ‏2012-05-20T13:10:15Z
    Beta 2 was refreshed on 05/10 http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=428467&tstart=0, are you using that version or the first beta 2 drop?
    I just tried again, with refreshed drop 2 and no difference since my last append. Given the symptom I described in that I was not expecting anything better. If you read my description, I strongly suspect I am far away, I am definitely missing some basic step, but can't figure out which one.

Thanks

Enrico
  • MJMArts
    MJMArts
    9 Posts

‏2012-05-24T11:28:18Z  
    Hi Enrico,

I was wondering if you have had any positive result after this error. I am experiencing exactly the same problem as you do, no instance data.

Kind regards,

Mark Arts
  • enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    28 Posts

‏2012-05-24T11:59:29Z  
    • MJMArts
    • ‏2012-05-24T11:28:18Z
    Hi Enrico,

I was wondering if you have had any positive result after this error. I am experiencing exactly the same problem as you do, no instance data.

Kind regards,

Mark Arts
    No result, nothing changed.
    I actually put APM UI beta testing on hold until someone helps me, because I have tried all what I could.
    Keep watching this thread, sooner or later something will happen
  • huxiaow
    huxiaow
    21 Posts

‏2012-05-24T13:24:43Z  
    No result, nothing changed.
    I actually put APM UI beta testing on hold until someone helps me, because I have tried all what I could.
    Keep watching this thread, sooner or later something will happen
    Sorry for the inconvenience. There could be some thing in your environment that can not handle in current beta setup. We are enhancing the installation and configuration for coming beta. We will enhance the environment check and simplify the setup process by reducing manual inputs.
  • enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    28 Posts

‏2012-05-24T14:05:19Z  
    • huxiaow
    • ‏2012-05-24T13:24:43Z
    Sorry for the inconvenience. There could be some thing in your environment that can not handle in current beta setup. We are enhancing the installation and configuration for coming beta. We will enhance the environment check and simplify the setup process by reducing manual inputs.
    I assume you says that my env does not support it because you have seen something weird in one of my appends, i.e. some expected result that came different.
    The alternative was that I did something wrong, but from your answer I assume this is not the case.
    Can you please tell me what suggested you that something is not supported in my env, rather then something wrong ?
    And more general, can you please answer my other post, and give some more troubleshooting info, such as what we should check in the env after each single step, so that we are enabled to go on our own for a little longer before asking for help ?

Thanks
  • britneytong
    britneytong
    5 Posts

‏2012-05-24T22:54:23Z  
    I assume you says that my env does not support it because you have seen something weird in one of my appends, i.e. some expected result that came different.
    The alternative was that I did something wrong, but from your answer I assume this is not the case.
    Can you please tell me what suggested you that something is not supported in my env, rather then something wrong ?
    And more general, can you please answer my other post, and give some more troubleshooting info, such as what we should check in the env after each single step, so that we are enabled to go on our own for a little longer before asking for help ?

Thanks
    I experienced similar issue with drop2. It worked in drop1. I looked in SystemOut.log and saw the following:
    5/24/12 17:54:30:955 CDT 0000007a SystemOut O 2012-05-24 17:54:30.955-05:00 WebContainer : 1 com.ibm.tivoli.apm.aggregate.DataCollector getWidgetData INFO - Get Group Widget ApplicationGroupWidget-001 data
    5/24/12 17:54:30:955 CDT 0000007a DataCollector I com.ibm.tivoli.apm.aggregate.DataCollector getWidgetCacheData Get Widget Data2043605505 from Cache!
    5/24/12 17:54:30:970 CDT 0000007a WidgetCache I com.ibm.tivoli.apm.cahce.WidgetCache get Enter into Cache Get Method
    5/24/12 17:54:30:970 CDT 0000007a DataCollector I com.ibm.tivoli.apm.aggregate.DataCollector getWidgetCacheData Widget ApplicationGroupWidget-001 Data is not in Cache!
    5/24/12 17:54:30:970 CDT 0000007a SystemOut O 2012-05-24 17:54:30.970-05:00 WebContainer : 1 com.ibm.tivoli.apm.aggregate.DataCollector getWidgetData ERROR - Provider of groupwidgetApplicationGroupWidget-001is unknowned.
    5/24/12 17:54:30:970 CDT 0000007a SystemOut O 2012-05-24 17:54:30.970-05:00 WebContainer : 1 com.ibm.tivoli.apm.rest.util.AbstractRestServlet (65) doGet ERROR - CTGAR0001E: Resource path /ApplicationGroupWidget-001/data/ can not found.

Please advice.
    Thanks,
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    40 Posts

‏2012-05-25T01:40:08Z  
    For the record, I was able to get instance data.

I think the problem with some of us that are not getting data is that we have multiple provider instances in the RESTDB (some that are incorrect). I posted a question on how to delete provider entries without reinstalling the APM UI war file.

And just for sanity, with this output from my provider below, I used the id itm.HUB_TEMS in that field when configuring the APM UI:
    {
    {
    "MSSName": "ibm-cdm:\/\/\/CDMSS\/Hostname=v525400cd473a+ManufacturerName=IBM+ProductName=IBM Tivoli Monitoring Services",
    "baseUrl": "http:\/\/ldmteps:15210\/ibm\/tivoli\/rest",
    "datasetsUri": "\/providers\/itm.HUB_TEMS\/datasets",
    "datasourcesUri": "\/providers\/itm.HUB_TEMS\/datasources",
    "id": "itm.HUB_TEMS",
    "label": "HUB_TEMS",
    "uri": "\/providers\/itm.HUB_TEMS"
    }
    ],
    }
  • enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    28 Posts

‏2012-05-25T07:57:13Z  

I think the problem with some of us that are not getting data is that we have multiple provider instances in the RESTDB (some that are incorrect). I posted a question on how to delete provider entries without reinstalling the APM UI war file.

And just for sanity, with this output from my provider below, I used the id itm.HUB_TEMS in that field when configuring the APM UI:
    {
    {
    "MSSName": "ibm-cdm:\/\/\/CDMSS\/Hostname=v525400cd473a+ManufacturerName=IBM+ProductName=IBM Tivoli Monitoring Services",
    }
    ],
    }
    @Britney:
    I have different error:
    5/25/12 9:55:20:468 CEST 00000026 SystemOut O 2012-05-25 09:55:20.468+02:00 WebContainer : 1 com.ibm.tivoli.apm.connector.CURIConnector createConnection INFO - start to connect http server.
    5/25/12 9:55:20:468 CEST 00000026 SystemOut O 2012-05-25 09:55:20.468+02:00 WebContainer : 1 com.ibm.tivoli.apm.connector.CURIConnector createConnection INFO - complete connect http server.
    5/25/12 9:55:20:640 CEST 00000026 SystemOut O 2012-05-25 09:55:20.640+02:00 WebContainer : 1 com.ibm.tivoli.apm.connector.CURIConnector (167) createConnection ERROR - Connect To Data Provider Error
    5/25/12 9:55:20:640 CEST 00000026 SystemOut O 2012-05-25 09:55:20.640+02:00 WebContainer : 1 com.ibm.tivoli.apm.rest.util.AbstractRestServlet (155) serialise ERROR - CTGAR0004E: Request content not found.

this happens when I edit the resource dashboard and try to get list of resources
  • enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    28 Posts

‏2012-05-25T08:35:30Z  

{
    {
    }
    ],
    }
    John,

may be you can help me and answer the question I have asked for long:
    you say:
    "I used the id itm.HUB_TEMS in that field when configuring the APM UI: "
    but HOW do you config the APM UI ?

from the readme file included in drop 2:

Configure ITM dataprovider
    Step 1 and 2 --> OK
    Step 3 --> I modified the sample with my system credential
    "host": "<myhost>.ibm.com",
    "password": "<mypassword>",
    "id": "itm.TEMS"
    everything else is as in the sample
    and submitted it
    but nothing changed.
    I see in other posts in this forum that there should be in some TIP subdirectory a file named providers.json with the above data in.
    The only one I have is here:
    /opt/IBM/tivoli/tipv2/profiles/TIPProfile/installedApps/TIPCell/isc.ear/apmTIP.war/data/provider/providers.json

but it is not changed by the POST command at STEP 3, it always contain "host": "tivp079.cn.ibm.com", and so on.

***Is that a sign that the POST didn't work fine ?***

Anyway, I also tried changing it manually, but did not help

And, yes, I restarted everything before testing

Thanks,

Enrico
  • britneytong
    britneytong
    5 Posts

‏2012-05-25T16:30:35Z  

{
    {
    }
    ],
    }
    Hi John,
    Before I install beta drop2, I follow instructions from a different thread to delete RESTDB directory. Do you know how to confirm the number of provider stored in the Derby DB?