Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-14T18:58:29Z by DonCarr
CarlosUK
CarlosUK
6 Posts

Pinned topic Cognos 10 Sandbox not working - Windows Log in??

‏2012-05-11T10:37:42Z |
I have read the related threads, but my problem today is a bit different. For several days I have been using the trial via citrix with no problems.

Today I get the Win2003 Log In Screen. I have tried all the usual log ins (user/user1, admin/admin etc) but nothing works. As I cannot authenticate to Windows, I cannot connect to my sandbox, and boy am I missing my sandbox this morning.

anybody got a fix? Many thanks and have a great weekend.

C
  • CarlosUK
    CarlosUK
    6 Posts

Re: Cognos 10 Sandbox not working - Windows Log in??

‏2012-05-11T10:44:20Z  
    I have cleared cache and restared browser. This is the screen I cannot get past which has never appeared before today
  • DonCarr
    DonCarr
    45 Posts

‏2012-05-11T14:20:49Z  
    • CarlosUK
    • ‏2012-05-11T10:44:20Z
    I have cleared cache and restared browser. This is the screen I cannot get past which has never appeared before today
    Hello Carlos,

Thanks for the note and screen capture. Unfortunately, we've been experiencing intermittent problems with our resource manager not recycling images properly. When this happens, the sign creds get omitted. It would be most helpful if you can provide the URL details from your MetaFrame Window => the one with the exercise icon you click to start the exercise. With this information, we can manually reset the image.

If more than 4 hours has passed since you last tried the exercise, you should get a new image upon re-registering. We're sorry for the inconvenience and are working to correct this problem.

Regards,
    Don
  • CarlosUK
    CarlosUK
    6 Posts

‏2012-05-11T15:17:43Z  
    • DonCarr
    • ‏2012-05-11T14:20:49Z
    Hello Carlos,

Thanks for the note and screen capture. Unfortunately, we've been experiencing intermittent problems with our resource manager not recycling images properly. When this happens, the sign creds get omitted. It would be most helpful if you can provide the URL details from your MetaFrame Window => the one with the exercise icon you click to start the exercise. With this information, we can manually reset the image.

If more than 4 hours has passed since you last tried the exercise, you should get a new image upon re-registering. We're sorry for the inconvenience and are working to correct this problem.

Regards,
    Don
    Thanks Don.

I am trying to start my trial from http://204.90.115.210:10201/Citrix/MetaFrame/default/default.aspx

It loads up the citrix all the way to "verifying credentials" and then won't go any further. It has been doing this since about 8am and I have not yet managed to log on at all today.

Thanks for any way you can help fix it.

C
  • DonCarr
    DonCarr
    45 Posts

‏2012-05-11T16:52:32Z  
    • CarlosUK
    • ‏2012-05-11T15:17:43Z
    Thanks Don.

I am trying to start my trial from http://204.90.115.210:10201/Citrix/MetaFrame/default/default.aspx

It loads up the citrix all the way to "verifying credentials" and then won't go any further. It has been doing this since about 8am and I have not yet managed to log on at all today.

Thanks for any way you can help fix it.

C
    Thanks, Carlos. This information is helpful.

Might you have bookmarked this link? My reason for asking is that the image appears not to be assigned, currently. If you bookmarked it, the image will be reprovisioned after 4-hours and be assigned new log-in creds. Whenever you want to access the exercise again, after 4 hours, you will need to re-register. You may / may not be assigned the same image. Much will depend on image availability. That said, however, you will start with a clean image => none of your prior work will be saved.

Have you attempted to re-register for a new session today?

We will reset this image to be safe.

Regards,

Don
  • CarlosUK
    CarlosUK
    6 Posts

‏2012-05-11T17:41:28Z  
    • DonCarr
    • ‏2012-05-11T16:52:32Z
    Thanks, Carlos. This information is helpful.

Might you have bookmarked this link? My reason for asking is that the image appears not to be assigned, currently. If you bookmarked it, the image will be reprovisioned after 4-hours and be assigned new log-in creds. Whenever you want to access the exercise again, after 4 hours, you will need to re-register. You may / may not be assigned the same image. Much will depend on image availability. That said, however, you will start with a clean image => none of your prior work will be saved.

Have you attempted to re-register for a new session today?

We will reset this image to be safe.

Regards,

Don
    I did indeed bookmark it, because I have the memory capacity of a small wombat. I have deleted my bookmark and started the trial correctly (?) by going to
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/soasandbox/cognosbi.html

I then log in with my IBMID

I click Continue and then "Start Trial" which takes me to http://204.90.115.210:10201/Citrix/MetaFrame/default/default.aspx

I then get the Rational Online Trial Environment Screen and select the Cognos 10 icon.

It loads the Citrix Screen, but yet again reaches the "Checking your credential stage" before presenting with with the Win200s logon screen as per my screenshot above.

Do I need to ask for log on to the server or is there another way to get past this screen?

i have cleared cache several times and restarted browser.

Thanks for any further ideas.

C
  • CarlosUK
    CarlosUK
    6 Posts

‏2012-05-11T17:56:50Z  
    • CarlosUK
    • ‏2012-05-11T17:41:28Z
    I did indeed bookmark it, because I have the memory capacity of a small wombat. I have deleted my bookmark and started the trial correctly (?) by going to
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/soasandbox/cognosbi.html

I then log in with my IBMID

I click Continue and then "Start Trial" which takes me to http://204.90.115.210:10201/Citrix/MetaFrame/default/default.aspx

I then get the Rational Online Trial Environment Screen and select the Cognos 10 icon.

It loads the Citrix Screen, but yet again reaches the "Checking your credential stage" before presenting with with the Win200s logon screen as per my screenshot above.

Do I need to ask for log on to the server or is there another way to get past this screen?

i have cleared cache several times and restarted browser.

Thanks for any further ideas.

C
    Small update -

It now allows me to log in and builds the initial Cognos screen filled with packages. However, it now kicks me off the connection before I can start Report Studio.

The error shown on the citrix connection manager is:

>>>
    Network problems are preventing communication with the Citrix Presentation Server.

If the problem persists, please contact your help desk.

Number of reconnect attempts: 1
    Connection name: 204.90.115.200
    Server address: 204.90.115.200
    Client name: onlin-Administ-ggbme
    >>>

I am not sure what is causing this disconnect.
  • DonCarr
    DonCarr
    45 Posts

‏2012-05-11T19:23:22Z  
    • CarlosUK
    • ‏2012-05-11T17:56:50Z
    Small update -

It now allows me to log in and builds the initial Cognos screen filled with packages. However, it now kicks me off the connection before I can start Report Studio.

The error shown on the citrix connection manager is:

>>>
    Network problems are preventing communication with the Citrix Presentation Server.

If the problem persists, please contact your help desk.

Number of reconnect attempts: 1
    Connection name: 204.90.115.200
    Server address: 204.90.115.200
    Client name: onlin-Administ-ggbme
    >>>

I am not sure what is causing this disconnect.
    Hey Carlos,

Thanks for your persistence. You did sign-in correctly. What's interesting is I got the same image you did when I tested the process:

http://204.90.115.210:10201/Citrix/MetaFrame/default/default.aspx

This image started properly for me as well, but it disconnected after a few minutes. When I attempt to reconnect, it prompts me for the Win2003 Creds.

There appears to be something wrong with our image and we need to investigate further.

Can you tell me more about the system, browser and Citrix plug-in you are using to connect?

I'm running Win7, FF 10.0.3 with Citrix Receiver Online Plug-in 13.0.0.6685.
  • CarlosUK
    CarlosUK
    6 Posts

‏2012-05-14T13:10:24Z  
    • DonCarr
    • ‏2012-05-11T19:23:22Z
    Hey Carlos,

Thanks for your persistence. You did sign-in correctly. What's interesting is I got the same image you did when I tested the process:

http://204.90.115.210:10201/Citrix/MetaFrame/default/default.aspx

This image started properly for me as well, but it disconnected after a few minutes. When I attempt to reconnect, it prompts me for the Win2003 Creds.

There appears to be something wrong with our image and we need to investigate further.

Can you tell me more about the system, browser and Citrix plug-in you are using to connect?

I'm running Win7, FF 10.0.3 with Citrix Receiver Online Plug-in 13.0.0.6685.
    Hello Don, Happy monday to you!

I had nothing but problems with IE or FF trying to log in (Win2003 credentials or kicking me off)

Being a bit of a mac head, I reverted to Safari ( I know this is not supported - please don't scold me!)

I can now confirm that everything is working perfectly. I am connected now and continuing my reporting with GO Warehouse Sales Query. Connection speed is great and the sandbox is working 100%.

I am running Mac OSX, Safari 5.1.6, with the latest java applet plug in (version unknown)

Many thanks for all your help.

C
  • DonCarr
    DonCarr
    45 Posts

‏2012-05-14T18:58:29Z  
    • CarlosUK
    • ‏2012-05-14T13:10:24Z
    Hello Don, Happy monday to you!

I had nothing but problems with IE or FF trying to log in (Win2003 credentials or kicking me off)

Being a bit of a mac head, I reverted to Safari ( I know this is not supported - please don't scold me!)

I can now confirm that everything is working perfectly. I am connected now and continuing my reporting with GO Warehouse Sales Query. Connection speed is great and the sandbox is working 100%.

I am running Mac OSX, Safari 5.1.6, with the latest java applet plug in (version unknown)

Many thanks for all your help.

C
    Hello Carlos,

I'm glad you were able to get connected. When it comes to Macs, I understand Safari is the preferred browser. Luckily, it seems to work with our exercises. When we tested, we had successful connections with following specs:

Mac OS 01.6.8
    Safari 5.1.5
    Citrix Received 11.4.3

We understand that using the right version of Citrix receiver is key, as version 10.x seemed to not connect properly. Thanks again for continuing to use the SOA Sandbox.

Regards,

Don