Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-04-15T06:25:02Z by Hoozuki
harjotinvincible
harjotinvincible
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic JAAS Authentication failure with IBM JRE 1.6 on AIX platform

‏2012-05-09T09:23:15Z |
One of our applications uses JAAS for authentication and authorization.
Authentication goes fine but on authorization phase we get AccessControlException on the following line:

AccessController.checkPermission(somePermission);

java.security.AccessControlException: Access denied (com.xxx.xxx.xxx somePermission)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:108)
Also we Observed:
This occurs with all releases of IBM JRE 1.6 (except for i.6 SR4).
All goes fine with IBM JRE 1.5 and 1.7(all releases).

On debugging further we also note that the problem arises due to the code changes made in subsequent releases w.r.t. security.jar

We have a couple of questions here:
Has anyone faced a similar problem. We are right now in a process to try and create a sample use-case, get reproducible problem created and raise the issue officially. But thought to ask just in case this behavior has been seen by someone else?

Is it possible that some fix was done in SR4 and not cumulatively shipped further?

Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if I am missing out any details.
Updated on 2012-08-17T14:23:33Z at 2012-08-17T14:23:33Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2736 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: JAAS Authentication failure with IBM JRE 1.6 on AIX platform

‏2012-06-27T18:04:35Z  in response to harjotinvincible
    Same issue here with IBM JRE 1.6 on s390x. Calls to JAAS, module com.ibm.security.auth.LinuxPrincipal throws an error:

Unable to find JAAS classes on Linux:
    com.ibm.security.auth.LinuxPrincipal java.io.IOException: failure to login

Any hint is welcome.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2736 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-17T14:23:33Z  in response to harjotinvincible
    Similar error here when using Apache Hbase on JRE Java 6 on s390x:

hbase(main):001:0> create 'test', 'cf'
    12/08/17 09:11:45 ERROR security.UserGroupInformation: Unable to find JAAS classes:com.ibm.security.auth.LinuxPrincipal

Any insights are welcome.
    • StephenBovy
      StephenBovy
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-26T23:48:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin

I am trying  to port   libhdfs   to run  on z/OS  and I am getting the same  Error  because some-one  has ported this to run on zLinux

and equates  vendor=ibm to zLinux     ( unfortunatly   zLinux ) is NOT  z/OS   there for the above  mentioned  class  does not exist    

• Hoozuki
    Hoozuki
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-04-15T06:25:02Z  in response to harjotinvincible

BT said will be teaming up with Microsoft 70-417 to Microsoft provide VPN access to Azure, which it said would provide more exam1pass secure and more resilient connectivity to the public cloud platform.

"The extra security factor 70-417 comes from the fact that ExpressRoute to Azure bypasses the public internet as it's based on BT's IP exam1pass Connect Microsoft VPN service which is already available in 198 countries," said Neil Sutton, vice president, global portfolio at BT Global Services.

"This integrates the infrastructure 70-417 directly with your wide area networks (WAN). It'll give you quicker, more predictable performance exam1pass and Microsoft enhanced security - by avoiding the public internet, risk is reduced and performance enhanced," he added.