Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-17T16:38:57Z by e-alonso
e-alonso
e-alonso
12 Posts

Pinned topic How to disable the coach_designer.css from my Process App?

‏2012-05-08T16:37:51Z |
Hi guys!

Im new to IBM Process Designer. So when I create a new Process App it comes with a default CSS file named coach_designer.css and all the coaches I create have a certain look and feel. But I don't want to use that look, I prefer to build mine and use just that. At least if anybody of you guys (the more experimented) could tell me how can I replace all those images and styles inside the default CSS, so that way at least, I can keep using that default CSS but, with my own stuffs.

I hope to be understandable and recieve any help from you. Thanks in advance! = )
Updated on 2012-05-17T16:38:57Z at 2012-05-17T16:38:57Z by e-alonso
  • kolban
    kolban
    3322 Posts

Re: How to disable the coach_designer.css from my Process App?

‏2012-05-09T16:36:40Z  
    Hi there... this is a good question and I don't have any kind of a formal answer, but I'll take a stab at some thoughts.

The HTML generated by the Coach designer uses CSS class names to style the look and feel. These class names are a collaboration between the generated HTML and the CSS that describes what the class visualization should look like. If you already have a CSS file that have used for your own web pages, it is unlikely that you can simply replace your CSS for the one used by the IBM product.

As a made up example, imagine that the HTML generated by coaches said that the header of a Coach section would be the class "css_IBMBPMSectionHeader". This won't exist in YOUR CSS classes. The best you can do is to take IBM's CSS files, reverse engineer them to list out the CSS styles used and replace the values of some of those styles with alternative styles that would appeal to your visual design goals.

Neil
  • e-alonso
    e-alonso
    12 Posts

Re: How to disable the coach_designer.css from my Process App?

‏2012-05-17T16:38:57Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2012-05-09T16:36:40Z
    Hi there... this is a good question and I don't have any kind of a formal answer, but I'll take a stab at some thoughts.

The HTML generated by the Coach designer uses CSS class names to style the look and feel. These class names are a collaboration between the generated HTML and the CSS that describes what the class visualization should look like. If you already have a CSS file that have used for your own web pages, it is unlikely that you can simply replace your CSS for the one used by the IBM product.

As a made up example, imagine that the HTML generated by coaches said that the header of a Coach section would be the class "css_IBMBPMSectionHeader". This won't exist in YOUR CSS classes. The best you can do is to take IBM's CSS files, reverse engineer them to list out the CSS styles used and replace the values of some of those styles with alternative styles that would appeal to your visual design goals.

Neil
    Hi Kolban/Neil!

Sorry for the delay! I did what you told me. I located the classes that I needed and replaced them with my own styles, so this way I could get the design I wanted.

Thank you so much for your help! = )