IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-23T10:30:22Z by Girirajsinh
jayasamraj
jayasamraj
9 Posts

Pinned topic BigInsights-installation-welcome page-desabled

‏2012-05-08T14:32:13Z |
Hi all,

I have installed BigInsights-enterprise edition1.2 On 64bit_RedHat5. I have all h/w & s/w requirements.

I successfully started the installation and got the result as,
**********************************************************************************************
root@localhost BI# chmod 777 start.sh
root@localhost BI# ./start.sh
Extracting Java ....
Java extraction complete, using JAVA_HOME=/root/Desktop/BI/_jvm/ibm-java-x86_64
Verifying port 8300 availability
port 8300 available
Starting BigInsights Installer ......
BigInsights Installer started, please use a browser to access:
http://localhost:8300/Install

After you are finished, run the following command to stop the installer web server:
start.sh shutdown
***********************************************************************************************

when i open the link 'http://localhost:8300/Install' i got this welcome page. But I COULDN'T ABLE TO MOVE TO THE NEXT PAGE. THOSE BUTTONS ARE DISABLED. I ATTACHED THAT SCREENSHOT BELOW.

HELP ME PLZ...
Updated on 2012-05-30T17:40:14Z at 2012-05-30T17:40:14Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    603 Posts

Re: BigInsights-installation-welcome page-desabled

‏2012-05-08T20:19:15Z  
    Hi,

1) Is this system connected to the network? Can you test by using a different browser and see if the buttons get enabled?
    2) What is the version of Firefox you are using?
    3) Please try going directly to Agreement page using the following URL:

http://localhost:8300/Install/Agreement.jsp

4) When you click on "I accept the terms in the license agreement", are you able to click on "Next" from Agreemnt Page?

Thanks,

Zach
  • jayasamraj
    jayasamraj
    9 Posts

‏2012-05-09T05:18:11Z  
    Hi,

1) Is this system connected to the network? Can you test by using a different browser and see if the buttons get enabled?
    2) What is the version of Firefox you are using?
    3) Please try going directly to Agreement page using the following URL:

http://localhost:8300/Install/Agreement.jsp

4) When you click on "I accept the terms in the license agreement", are you able to click on "Next" from Agreemnt Page?

Thanks,

Zach
    HAI,

Thankyou so much for your response.

I have mozilla firefox 12.0 and opera 10.00(beta) version. Still I got the same problem.

Also I have done the same procedure for agreement.jsp page as you told.
    I can select the accept radio button,both cancel and next buttons are enabled, but when i
    click the next button it doesn't go to the next page(installation Type).

What shall i do?

Reply me plz.....

regards
    ......sam
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    603 Posts

‏2012-05-10T00:04:57Z  
    HAI,

Thankyou so much for your response.

I have mozilla firefox 12.0 and opera 10.00(beta) version. Still I got the same problem.

Also I have done the same procedure for agreement.jsp page as you told.
    I can select the accept radio button,both cancel and next buttons are enabled, but when i
    click the next button it doesn't go to the next page(installation Type).

What shall i do?

Reply me plz.....

regards
    ......sam
    Hi Sam,

Unfortuantely I have not seen this issue before. I will need some time to investigate.
    In the meantime, I'd like to mention something I've noticed.
    You've mentioned you are trying to install BigInsights-enterprise edition 1.2
    But When I look at the attached screen shot, it shows BigInsights "Basic Edition" 1.2.*

Also, is there any reason that you're not installing v1.3 or v1.3 Fixpak 1? If you have time, maybe you could try installing a newer version (Enterprise Edition) and let us know if the same problem exists.

Thank you,
    Zach
  • jayasamraj
    jayasamraj
    9 Posts

‏2012-05-10T04:12:53Z  
    Hi Sam,

Unfortuantely I have not seen this issue before. I will need some time to investigate.
    In the meantime, I'd like to mention something I've noticed.
    You've mentioned you are trying to install BigInsights-enterprise edition 1.2
    But When I look at the attached screen shot, it shows BigInsights "Basic Edition" 1.2.*

Also, is there any reason that you're not installing v1.3 or v1.3 Fixpak 1? If you have time, maybe you could try installing a newer version (Enterprise Edition) and let us know if the same problem exists.

Thank you,
    Zach
    Hai zach,

Thank you for your kind reply. Actually i am trying to install Enterprise Edition 1.2 only.
    As you said it shows as basic edition 1.2. I don't know why.

Let me know any solution if you will find.

Mean while i will also try to use V 1.3.
    Thank you
    ...sam
  • jayasamraj
    jayasamraj
    9 Posts

‏2012-05-10T11:51:28Z  
    Hi zach,

I am trying to install biginsight through root user and guest user.
    like....

root@localhost BI ./start.sh

when i saw one biginsight basic edition installation video, they installed from
    bash 3.2 terminal
    like...

bash3.2#./start.sh

could you please tell me, is it the reason for my problem???????
    if it means, how can i get the bash prompt from my root or guest user.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    603 Posts

‏2012-05-10T14:08:08Z  
    Hi zach,

I am trying to install biginsight through root user and guest user.
    like....

root@localhost BI ./start.sh

when i saw one biginsight basic edition installation video, they installed from
    bash 3.2 terminal
    like...

bash3.2#./start.sh

could you please tell me, is it the reason for my problem???????
    if it means, how can i get the bash prompt from my root or guest user.
    Hi Sam,

The following is from BigInsights Information Center > Hardware and software prerequisites

"On every server, the default shell interpreter for the BigInsights administrator user ID must be bash. This property is configured in the /etc/passwd file. Use the grep biadmin /etc/passwd command to show the default shell interpreter for the biadmin user, for example:

biadmin:x:500:500::/home/biadmin:/bin/bash

If the value is not /bin/bash, change it accordingly."
    URL:

http://ibm.co/K1NNU7

Also, please see this technote, which is on the same subject:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21568698

Not having a bash shell setting for BigInsights Admin User (i.e. biadmin) may cause the installer to fail during the actual installation process. At this point I am not sure if this is also the cause for the next button not appearing enabled in the installer UI. Will get back to you as soon as I have any news.
    Thank you,

Zach
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    603 Posts

‏2012-05-10T23:24:30Z  
    Hi Sam,

The following is from BigInsights Information Center > Hardware and software prerequisites

"On every server, the default shell interpreter for the BigInsights administrator user ID must be bash. This property is configured in the /etc/passwd file. Use the grep biadmin /etc/passwd command to show the default shell interpreter for the biadmin user, for example:

biadmin:x:500:500::/home/biadmin:/bin/bash

If the value is not /bin/bash, change it accordingly."
    URL:

http://ibm.co/K1NNU7

Also, please see this technote, which is on the same subject:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21568698

Not having a bash shell setting for BigInsights Admin User (i.e. biadmin) may cause the installer to fail during the actual installation process. At this point I am not sure if this is also the cause for the next button not appearing enabled in the installer UI. Will get back to you as soon as I have any news.
    Thank you,

Zach
    Hi Sam,

So the first recommendation I received from development is for you to add :/bin/bash for your root user in /etc/passwd file. Once in bash shell, run the installer and let us know if the problem gets fixed.

Thank you,

Zach
  • jayasamraj
    jayasamraj
    9 Posts

Re: BigInsights-installation-welcome page-disabled

‏2012-05-30T17:15:38Z  
    Hi Sam,

So the first recommendation I received from development is for you to add :/bin/bash for your root user in /etc/passwd file. Once in bash shell, run the installer and let us know if the problem gets fixed.

Thank you,

Zach
    Hello Zach, thanks for your reply. I tried to install the BigInsights enterprice edition. Till i get the same problem.

But during the installation, i replaced the jre in java folder. i think it might be the problem of not displaying next button of console page.

IF YOU DONT MIND, PLZ VIEW MY SYSTEM THROUGH TEAMVIEWER, AND FIND THE SOLUTION.
    my E-mail: samraj_dionoyahoo.co.in
    my facebook id: jayasamraj rajendran

Give me your id plz , let me to contact.

Thanks...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    603 Posts

‏2012-05-30T17:40:14Z  
    Hello Zach, thanks for your reply. I tried to install the BigInsights enterprice edition. Till i get the same problem.

But during the installation, i replaced the jre in java folder. i think it might be the problem of not displaying next button of console page.

Thanks...
    Hi Sam,

• Have you tried silent installation method yet?
    http://ibm.co/KX7glK
    • Please open a PMR if you need further support on this issue.

Thank you very much,

Zach
  • Girirajsinh
    Girirajsinh
    3 Posts

‏2013-09-23T10:30:22Z  

Thanks...

Hello Sam,

Have you found the solution for the disabled button ? I too face the same issue.

Thanks in Advance!