Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-14T20:33:33Z by JAntley
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
773 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to delete/edit an entry under My blogs. please help!!!

‏2012-05-08T13:07:44Z |
I created an entry under my blogs, later when I found it was not well formatted, I tried to edit it, i didn't eny buttons like save/ edit/delete.
Instead these buttons were present inside the post body.
Please help & tell me how to delete it now?

the article is on :Agent Autonomous Mode Functionality for ITCAMMA Agents
Updated on 2012-05-14T20:33:33Z at 2012-05-14T20:33:33Z by JAntley
  • JAntley
    JAntley
    126 Posts

Re: Unable to delete/edit an entry under My blogs. please help!!!

‏2012-05-08T18:55:00Z  
    I can assist, Rahul. I see that you have two blog entries by the same name, should I just delete the one with the earlier timestamp? It appears to not be formatted as well as the later one.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    773 Posts

‏2012-05-11T06:05:43Z  
    • JAntley
    • ‏2012-05-08T18:55:00Z
    I can assist, Rahul. I see that you have two blog entries by the same name, should I just delete the one with the earlier timestamp? It appears to not be formatted as well as the later one.
    Please delete both of them I will create it fresh.
    Also please explain me why this Happened?? & how to avoid it???
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    773 Posts

‏2012-05-11T06:36:34Z  
    Please delete both of them I will create it fresh.
    Also please explain me why this Happened?? & how to avoid it???
    Ok delete the earlier one only but when I try to open the second one also, it has those buttons inside the post body, how to rectify it??
    Can you please make that 2nd post proper.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    773 Posts

‏2012-05-11T11:04:37Z  
    Ok delete the earlier one only but when I try to open the second one also, it has those buttons inside the post body, how to rectify it??
    Can you please make that 2nd post proper.
    Hi
    I created a new article.
    So please delete both previous articles named "Agent Autonomous Mode Functionality for ITCAMMA Agents".

Can you Also tell me whether my article "Autonomous Agent" has successfully published or not???
  • JAntley
    JAntley
    126 Posts

‏2012-05-11T15:30:01Z  
    Hi
    I created a new article.
    So please delete both previous articles named "Agent Autonomous Mode Functionality for ITCAMMA Agents".

Can you Also tell me whether my article "Autonomous Agent" has successfully published or not???
    Hi Rahul,

I have deleted the two previous articles. The first one was full of extraneous tags with no line breaks, so I didn't take the time to debug it, but the only problem the second one had was that some of the
    elements were written as <dir>. Using a blogging client I was able to repair it and upload it, then delete it through the web UI. The first one I just deleted through the client UI.

If you run into further trouble, just let me know.

Jeff Antley
    developerWorks Feedback Team
  • JAntley
    JAntley
    126 Posts

‏2012-05-11T15:30:34Z  
    Hi
    I created a new article.

Oh, and yes, your newest article is published.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    773 Posts

‏2012-05-12T04:31:24Z  
    • JAntley
    • ‏2012-05-11T15:30:34Z
    Oh, and yes, your newest article is published.
    Thanks alot...
    Now my newest post seems completely fine and I have change the post name to "Agent Autonomous Mode Functionality for ITCAMMA Agents".
    But when I observed that if someone search for "Agent Autonomous Mode Functionality for ITCAMMA Agents" in developersWork, he gets links of those previous posts which are deleted hence, if he tries to open it he will get error like

"Sorry! We couldn't find your document
    Status Code 404
    Message Error reported: 404
    Type
    Exception The file that you requested could not be found on this server."
    I want the user to get the link of "https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/dda18b1a-faa4-44a9-9220-52e2eb7ce891/entry/autonomous_agent3?lang=en" when he searches for "Agent Autonomous Mode Functionality for ITCAMMA Agents".
  • JAntley
    JAntley
    126 Posts

‏2012-05-14T20:33:33Z  
    Thanks alot...
    Now my newest post seems completely fine and I have change the post name to "Agent Autonomous Mode Functionality for ITCAMMA Agents".
    But when I observed that if someone search for "Agent Autonomous Mode Functionality for ITCAMMA Agents" in developersWork, he gets links of those previous posts which are deleted hence, if he tries to open it he will get error like

"Sorry! We couldn't find your document
    Status Code 404
    Message Error reported: 404
    Type
    Exception The file that you requested could not be found on this server."
    I want the user to get the link of "https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/dda18b1a-faa4-44a9-9220-52e2eb7ce891/entry/autonomous_agent3?lang=en" when he searches for "Agent Autonomous Mode Functionality for ITCAMMA Agents".
    The search indexing process should clean this up in the near future.