Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-16T16:05:39Z by fmarzou
gulfsoft
gulfsoft
4 Posts

Pinned topic No providers returned from ITMRESTProvider/test.html with APM UI Beta 2

‏2012-05-07T17:16:11Z |
The installation went fine (no errors), and I followed the readme exactly for installation, but I don't see any providers listed when I go through these steps:

1) type http://<TEPS-HOST>:15210/ITMRESTProvider/test.html in browser,TEPS-HOST is TEPS host IP
2) click "GET" button
3) find items[0].id attribute from the result set,the id is TEMS HUB id.

All that's returned when I hit the GET button is:

{
"filteredRows": 0,
"identifier": "id",
"items": [
],
"numRows": 0,
"totalRows": 0
}

(On that page, I've left the default URL: /ibm/tivoli/rest/providers )

However, I can see my provider in TIP when I go to https://itm.gulfsoft.com:16311/ibm/tivoli/apm/rest/apm/config.html and click the GET button:

{"providers":}
So I also don't have any Instances available when trying to edit the APM UI (though I do have a DB2 agent installed).

Frank
Updated on 2012-05-16T16:05:39Z at 2012-05-16T16:05:39Z by fmarzou
  • mallo
    mallo
    9 Posts

Re: No providers returned from ITMRESTProvider/test.html with APM UI Beta 2

‏2012-05-08T15:44:25Z  
    I've checked with one of the technical people on the team and it seems the results you are seeing from the GET button on http://<TEPS-HOST>:15210/ITMRESTProvider/test.html is showing a configuration issue with the ITM data provider that needs to be addressed.

Check the following:
    • Make sure the fields match the ones in the attached image
    • The ITM user may not have roles to get to REST provider (usually not the case for user sysadmin)
    • Perhaps the REST provider is in a stale state. Restart TEPS.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    40 Posts

‏2012-05-09T05:57:26Z  
    And you can check the DP(data provider)'s status with this command firstly:
    /opt/IBM/ITM623FP1/aix536/iw/bin/serverStatus.sh ITMServer -username <user> -password <password>
    Replace /opt/IBM/ITM623FP1/aix536 with your install directory.
    Only it's started, DP is started.

Regard stopping TEPS, you can do like this if "itmcmd agent stop cq" doesn't work:
    /opt/IBM/ITM623FP1/aix536/iw/bin/stopServer.sh ITMServer
    /opt/IBM/ITM623FP1/bin/itmcmd agent stop cq
  • gulfsoft
    gulfsoft
    4 Posts

‏2012-05-09T19:42:37Z  
    And you can check the DP(data provider)'s status with this command firstly:
    /opt/IBM/ITM623FP1/aix536/iw/bin/serverStatus.sh ITMServer -username <user> -password <password>
    Replace /opt/IBM/ITM623FP1/aix536 with your install directory.
    Only it's started, DP is started.

Regard stopping TEPS, you can do like this if "itmcmd agent stop cq" doesn't work:
    /opt/IBM/ITM623FP1/aix536/iw/bin/stopServer.sh ITMServer
    /opt/IBM/ITM623FP1/bin/itmcmd agent stop cq
    Thank you both for the suggestions, but still no dice. No providers are listed. I've attached a screenshot showing the output when I press the "GET" button. I've restarted TEPS, and it's still the same (I took this screenshot after recycling the TEPS). From what you're saying, it sounds like there should be an entry here before I do anything. Is that true?

Any other suggestions? Mike, can you possibly send me the derby database that should contain this info on the TEPS? I've found one (named "restdb"), but none of the column names match up with your screenshot.

We can make Tivoli software work for you!www.gulfsoft.com
  • gulfsoft
    gulfsoft
    4 Posts

‏2012-05-10T13:30:24Z  
    • gulfsoft
    • ‏2012-05-09T19:42:37Z
    Thank you both for the suggestions, but still no dice. No providers are listed. I've attached a screenshot showing the output when I press the "GET" button. I've restarted TEPS, and it's still the same (I took this screenshot after recycling the TEPS). From what you're saying, it sounds like there should be an entry here before I do anything. Is that true?

Any other suggestions? Mike, can you possibly send me the derby database that should contain this info on the TEPS? I've found one (named "restdb"), but none of the column names match up with your screenshot.

We can make Tivoli software work for you!www.gulfsoft.com
    OK, I figured out the problem. My cq.config file showed:

KD8_ITM_REST_SERVICE_ENABLE='N'

So I had to change that to Y in cq.ini, then restart TEPS, and now I see the ITM Data Provider as I should.

Thanks

We can make Tivoli software work for you!
    www.gulfsoft.com
  • fmarzou
    fmarzou
    17 Posts

‏2012-05-16T16:05:39Z  
    • gulfsoft
    • ‏2012-05-10T13:30:24Z
    OK, I figured out the problem. My cq.config file showed:

KD8_ITM_REST_SERVICE_ENABLE='N'

So I had to change that to Y in cq.ini, then restart TEPS, and now I see the ITM Data Provider as I should.

Thanks

We can make Tivoli software work for you!
    www.gulfsoft.com
    Hi

Thanks for this tips. By default REST_SERVICE is Disabled. I updated the cq.ini manually and it worked but later I needed to reconfigure the portal server and I used the gui. REST_Service appeared Disabled in the GUI and I had to check box to enable it again before saving.

regards