Topic
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-10T02:37:24Z by MKJT_Michael_Oliver
LeoPetraz
LeoPetraz
226 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Download DB2 Express-C 10.1

‏2012-05-07T14:12:33Z |
A major new release of the free edition of the IBM DB2 database is now available for download. DB2 Express-C 10.1 comes with Time Travel Query for improved historical reporting as well as SPARQL and an RDF triplestore for NoSQL data storage.

At no charge, DB2 Express-C is also 98% compatible with Oracle Database. The database compatibility feature includes support for PL/SQL, CLP+, and much more. Use it for production, test, or development.

You can redistribute DB2 Express-C at no charge as the database solution for your application. Though it will limit itself to only consuming a set amount of your computing resources, DB2 Express-C has no limitations on database size, number of users, or your preferred uses.

Next steps

Updated on 2012-10-10T02:37:24Z at 2012-10-10T02:37:24Z by MKJT_Michael_Oliver
  • XP1E_Ray_Hartford
    XP1E_Ray_Hartford
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Download DB2 Express-C 10.1

‏2012-05-11T18:36:56Z  in response to LeoPetraz
    Leo: I need to get a LUW 9.7 Express-C install. My company is issuing new 64 bit laptops. I am the first DBA. Unfortunately we do not have a the 64bit version of 9.7 installable stored on our servers. I know I could download v10, but since we are not going to migrate to that for at least 2 years, I need to get a version for this Windows 7 64 bit laptop that is a close match to our DEV and PROD systems. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      5837 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-13T18:13:49Z  in response to XP1E_Ray_Hartford
      AFAIK, the db2 express-c edition has this constraint: it is only possible to download the most recent version from IBM, in this case the 10.1 version.
      For older versions, you have to ask to someone else, or try to download it from not official mirrors. I know that others sites propose this, but I do not remember the names, and this is possible because db2 express-c is free to redistribute.
    • LeoPetraz
      LeoPetraz
      226 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-23T18:58:19Z  in response to XP1E_Ray_Hartford
      Hi Ray,

Generally, we only make the latest release of the free edition available for download.

However, if your company runs paid DB2, we may provide access to older editions. If so, can you send an email to db2x at ca.ibm.com about this?

Thanks,

Leons
  • deak6nt
    deak6nt
    14 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-27T00:39:21Z  in response to LeoPetraz
    I have posted a problem that I am having installing DB2 Express-C regarding Setup.exe failing to execute due to permissions. I have also reported that the download is marked as suspiciously containing Trojans. I think that the files may have been disinfected and causing them not to run.

Can you shed any light?
    • LeoPetraz
      LeoPetraz
      226 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-28T17:11:25Z  in response to deak6nt
      Hi Deak,

I will address the permissions problem in the other thread.

It sounds like your anti-virus scanner is misbehaving. I would recommend disabling it during download/installation. We haven't had any issues with the anti-virus brand we use internally.

Regards,

Leons
      • MKJT_Michael_Oliver
        MKJT_Michael_Oliver
        17 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-10T02:37:24Z  in response to LeoPetraz
        I can't tell if this is permissions related or not, but I cannot install 10.1, it seems to be ok through configure of the DB2 Copy, then rolls back. I am sorry for the double post but thought that if it is permissions related this might get a solution sooner.
  • UTQ3_Raluca_Ardeleanu
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-24T06:39:08Z  in response to LeoPetraz
    Hi,

I have a problem downloading DB2 Express-C 10.1.

after start downlOADING IT SAYS THAT I HAVE NOT ENOUGHT SPACE ON THE DISK, EVEN i HAVE 77G FREE ON MY DISK .

DID ANYBODY HAD THIS PROBLEM?

THNX!