Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
No replies
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
14225 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic problem with IBM Debugger Engine (irmtdbgc)

‏2012-05-07T03:10:48Z |
Hi All,

I tried IBM Debugger recently, and like it very much, it helps a lot in my development, but I have a problem with it now. It works fine with simple program which is single thread, not involving third-party component etc.., but when I attached it our server application which is multi-thread, and managed under IBM Encina, I still can set breakpoints and step through the code, but I can't view value of variables or monitor expressions. Once I do that, my server program would crash with memory fault. I checked the trace file of the debugger engine, couldn't find anything useful, it always stop at

240.166561 (1): **RDR: IRDR_Executable_Module_Reader.cpp(134): Building global class tags for module .....

I compiled my program with XLC++ v10.1, and AIX is v6.1, and the debugger is V8.03 with latest patch(20111201). Could anyone here help me? Thanks in advance.