Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-19T09:10:38Z by Hovrin
Hovrin
Hovrin
105 Posts

Pinned topic ATKWEL509W - The database password on the management server expires

‏2012-05-05T11:33:52Z |
Hi

This message appears quite often, perhaps once every three months. Just received the message today and I only had 12 hours before it expired. What if message appears and nobody notices it.
Is it possible to change how often the password should be changed or disable that functionality.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards,
Roger Hovrin
Updated on 2012-05-19T09:10:38Z at 2012-05-19T09:10:38Z by Hovrin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    13279 Posts

Re: ATKWEL509W - The database password on the management server expires

‏2012-05-07T14:38:24Z  
    The password expiration is set by the OS. To change this, simply change (or) disable the password expiration for the DB User ID in the OS.

----
    Craig Elliott
    IBM Advanced Technical Skills
  • Hovrin
    Hovrin
    105 Posts

‏2012-05-07T16:50:52Z  
    The password expiration is set by the OS. To change this, simply change (or) disable the password expiration for the DB User ID in the OS.

----
    Craig Elliott
    IBM Advanced Technical Skills
    Thanks !

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Best regards,
    Roger Hovrin
  • main321
    main321
    4 Posts

‏2012-05-07T21:24:45Z  
    • Hovrin
    • ‏2012-05-07T16:50:52Z
    Thanks !

Best regards,
    Roger Hovrin
    Roger and Craig,

I got the same password message on IBM System Director web console and restarted the IBM Director Server to regenerate the password. IBM System Director service starts after reboot but after some time ISD status shows as inactive and it shows red icon in the system tray. It shows transport service and server service is inactive. How do I change the password and where should I change the password manually for IBM DB? It created a user account locally on the server when I install ISD with managed db2 database.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Hovrin
    Hovrin
    105 Posts

‏2012-05-19T09:10:38Z  
    • main321
    • ‏2012-05-07T21:24:45Z
    Roger and Craig,

I got the same password message on IBM System Director web console and restarted the IBM Director Server to regenerate the password. IBM System Director service starts after reboot but after some time ISD status shows as inactive and it shows red icon in the system tray. It shows transport service and server service is inactive. How do I change the password and where should I change the password manually for IBM DB? It created a user account locally on the server when I install ISD with managed db2 database.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    I used standard values during installation. Then I get a local db user named "dirinst1", then I only changed properties in Windows user & groups editor.

Best regards,
    Roger Hovrin