Topic
  • 13 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-07T13:55:18Z by Kathywang
Kathywang
Kathywang
26 Posts

Pinned topic How to mack the un-expected extra prompt popup disappear

‏2012-05-04T16:24:14Z |
I have a report with filters based on the prompt option(A) check list selections(for example, 'Provider','location', 'gender') and value list selections(B), if select a filter option(A), then report will show the further corresponde value prompt(B). For example select 'Provider' from prompt (A), then (B)Prompt of 'Provider' list show up.
my filter set to query based on these two prompts, and the expression is below:
('Provider' in (?Filter Options?) AND ACO Analysis.Provider.Provider.Provider.Provider Name in (?pProvider?)) OR 'Provider' NOT in (?Filter Options? )

When run report I got un-expected extra prompts displied, I set default value to every prompt, still I got the prompts when report start running or during running. Can somebody help me finger out what should I do to avoid extra prompt?

Thanks for any suggestion.
Updated on 2012-05-07T13:55:18Z at 2012-05-07T13:55:18Z by Kathywang
  • OpherB
    OpherB
    696 Posts

Re: How to mack the un-expected extra prompt popup disappear

‏2012-05-04T17:32:01Z  
    Since I don't have your Package or data it is not possible to run the report.

The report is much too complex to debug quickly.

What "extra" prompts are appearing? What is being prompted for?

The fact that these are appearing indicates that something in your report (a prompt, a filter, a data item expression) is not being satisfied with your default values. You should re-check all of those elements.

Good luck,
    Opher
  • Kathywang
    Kathywang
    26 Posts

‏2012-05-04T17:49:38Z  
    • OpherB
    • ‏2012-05-04T17:32:01Z
    Since I don't have your Package or data it is not possible to run the report.

The report is much too complex to debug quickly.

What "extra" prompts are appearing? What is being prompted for?

The fact that these are appearing indicates that something in your report (a prompt, a filter, a data item expression) is not being satisfied with your default values. You should re-check all of those elements.

Good luck,
    Opher
    Thanks Opher for your replying,
    I attached the screen shot of the prompt. I have checked everything that I think can possible solve it, but still I can't avoid it.
  • OpherB
    OpherB
    696 Posts

‏2012-05-04T18:58:00Z  
    • Kathywang
    • ‏2012-05-04T17:49:38Z
    I attached the screen shot of the prompt. I have checked everything that I think can possible solve it, but still I can't avoid it.
    No attachment.

What is the "extra" prompt for?
  • Kathywang
    Kathywang
    26 Posts

‏2012-05-04T19:01:37Z  
    • OpherB
    • ‏2012-05-04T18:58:00Z
    No attachment.

What is the "extra" prompt for?
    strange, I attached, but not there, please see attachment again.
  • Kathywang
    Kathywang
    26 Posts

‏2012-05-04T19:02:49Z  
    • Kathywang
    • ‏2012-05-04T19:01:37Z
    strange, I attached, but not there, please see attachment again.
    seems doesn't allow to attach word doc.
  • OpherB
    OpherB
    696 Posts

‏2012-05-04T19:23:48Z  
    • Kathywang
    • ‏2012-05-04T17:49:38Z
    The default selection for "Patient Age" is "None". Is that a valid value in the prompt?
  • Kathywang
    Kathywang
    26 Posts

‏2012-05-04T19:35:21Z  
    • OpherB
    • ‏2012-05-04T19:23:48Z
    The default selection for "Patient Age" is "None". Is that a valid value in the prompt?
    it's not a valid value of prompt, but I don't have the valid value, because they are read from database, I am thinking I need to give a default with any value, what would you suggest to put to default value if I don't know a valid value.
  • OpherB
    OpherB
    696 Posts

‏2012-05-04T20:12:45Z  
    • Kathywang
    • ‏2012-05-04T19:35:21Z
    it's not a valid value of prompt, but I don't have the valid value, because they are read from database, I am thinking I need to give a default with any value, what would you suggest to put to default value if I don't know a valid value.
    You can add a static value of "None" and leave it as is. Then change the filters to something like Patient Age in ?pAge? or ?pAge? = 'None'

The other popup prompts are probably resolved working the same way.

Good luck,
    Opher
  • Kathywang
    Kathywang
    26 Posts

‏2012-05-04T20:37:11Z  
    • OpherB
    • ‏2012-05-04T20:12:45Z
    You can add a static value of "None" and leave it as is. Then change the filters to something like Patient Age in ?pAge? or ?pAge? = 'None'

The other popup prompts are probably resolved working the same way.

Good luck,
    Opher
    Thanks Opher,

Seems without Javascript I can't add a static value of "None" to the multi-select prompt.
    the interesting thing here is, if I run this report through drill through then I don't see the extra prompt, but running stand along does, also if I add a blank prompt page I don't see the issue, but I don't need a prompt page.
    I am thinking still the problem is default value is not work some how.
  • Kathywang
    Kathywang
    26 Posts

‏2012-05-04T20:43:48Z  
    • Kathywang
    • ‏2012-05-04T20:37:11Z
    Thanks Opher,

Seems without Javascript I can't add a static value of "None" to the multi-select prompt.
    the interesting thing here is, if I run this report through drill through then I don't see the extra prompt, but running stand along does, also if I add a blank prompt page I don't see the issue, but I don't need a prompt page.
    Seems I can add a (None) item to the multi-select prompt from modify question, but this way is confuse to user, because age list shows if add none "(None)","10-20",'20-30'... I am thinking I should finger out why the default not work in stand along running but works from drill through or add a blank prompt page.
  • Kathywang
    Kathywang
    26 Posts

‏2012-05-04T20:43:51Z  
    • Kathywang
    • ‏2012-05-04T20:37:11Z
    Thanks Opher,

Seems I can add a (None) item to the multi-select prompt from modify question, but this way is confuse to user, because age list shows if add none "(None)","10-20",'20-30'... I am thinking I should finger out why the default not work in stand along running but works from drill through or add a blank prompt page.
  • OpherB
    OpherB
    696 Posts

‏2012-05-04T21:03:04Z  
    • Kathywang
    • ‏2012-05-04T20:43:51Z
    Then you can use "All" so the user will know that all age ranges will be included.

I only suggested "None" because that was the value you had entered.

Opher
  • Kathywang
    Kathywang
    26 Posts

‏2012-05-07T13:55:18Z  
    • OpherB
    • ‏2012-05-04T21:03:04Z
    Then you can use "All" so the user will know that all age ranges will be included.

I only suggested "None" because that was the value you had entered.

Opher
    Thanks OpherB,

I am thinking add one selection "All" will make queries complex.
    I am going to add a prompt page on the page, because I find as a drill through target report or add an empty prompt page then prompt disappear. It's better set something to remove the extra prompt, but altanative way of adding a prompt page is also OK, better than adding "All" selection item to about 20 value prompt.