Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-01-16T16:30:33Z by MichalPaluch
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
57 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How Agent communicates to admin server

‏2012-05-04T09:34:38Z |
Hello,

I have few questions on TAD.
i) How TAD agent comunicates to TAD server
ii) What the files creted when installing the agent/server and what the use of files
iii)What is the use of tmp directory in TAD
iv) Why we are using TAD product in partcular organization.
v)Why we are using websphere,VCenter/VMManager,Bladelogic in TAD product.

Can any one please give the answers.. it is urgent

Thanks in advance.
  • MichalPaluch
    MichalPaluch
    31 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How Agent communicates to admin server

‏2013-01-16T16:30:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello,

Some of the answers can be found in documentation, here are the links:

Agent communication:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v54r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.tad4d75.doc%2Fcom.ibm.license.mgmt.security.doc%2Ft_configuring_secure_communication.html
    Agent files:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v54r1/topic/com.ibm.tad4d75.doc/com.ibm.license.mgmt.reference.doc/r_agent_files.html?resultof=%22%61%67%65%6e%74%22%20%22%66%69%6c%65%73%22%20%22%66%69%6c%65%22%20

TADd uses tmp dir to generate stand alone scripts for sure, possibly other generated PDFs, CSVs. Also at install time and imports like software catalog, PVU table, RVU tier table. Thats all I can think of.

If you can help me understand exactly what do you mean by your last two questions, I will try to help as well.

Michal Paluch IBM Software Knowledge Base Toolkit - IBM Software Catalog I am an IBM employee, however all views and opinions presented here are my own. If you need IBM's official assistance, please contact the product support.