• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-03T21:09:19Z by DonCarr
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
329 Posts

Pinned topic Can't connect to cognos bi trial

‏2012-05-03T15:04:43Z |
Hello!

Just started using the trial but unfortunately I've got a problem.
When I'm connecting to the excercise, MetaFrame window popups and there's an error when the connection progress is "checking credentials"
Tried both Firefox and IE - no good.

Thanks for the further assistance.
  • DonCarr
    DonCarr
    45 Posts

Re: Can't connect to cognos bi trial

‏2012-05-03T15:32:20Z  
    Hello Vladimir,

What type of system are you using to connect to the SOA Sandbox exercise (i.e. Windows, Mac, other)?

Can you provide URL details from your open MetaFrame window?

Try closing all open browser sessions and clear your cache, then re-register for the exercise after waiting 20 minutes.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    329 Posts

‏2012-05-03T16:28:35Z  
    • DonCarr
    • ‏2012-05-03T15:32:20Z
    Hello Vladimir,

What type of system are you using to connect to the SOA Sandbox exercise (i.e. Windows, Mac, other)?

Can you provide URL details from your open MetaFrame window?

Try closing all open browser sessions and clear your cache, then re-register for the exercise after waiting 20 minutes.
    I'm using Win 7 x64.
    It's said the window below that the connection to an application was stopped. And it advices to try to connect later.

I'll try to do on xp sp3 or ubuntu. Will report later
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    329 Posts

‏2012-05-03T17:28:58Z  
    I'm using Win 7 x64.
    It's said the window below that the connection to an application was stopped. And it advices to try to connect later.

I'll try to do on xp sp3 or ubuntu. Will report later
    WinXp - absolutely the same problem. May be it has to do with the account?
  • DonCarr
    DonCarr
    45 Posts

‏2012-05-03T17:32:59Z  
    WinXp - absolutely the same problem. May be it has to do with the account?
    Hey Valdimir,

Thanks for your patience and reporting. It appears our resource manager that controls images was acting up. We are recycling it now, and hopefully this will clear the connection issues you faced earlier.

Are you using Citrix Receiver Plug-in 13.0.x to connect? We've had good experiences with that on Win7 machines.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    329 Posts

‏2012-05-03T18:07:03Z  
    • DonCarr
    • ‏2012-05-03T17:32:59Z
    Hey Valdimir,

Thanks for your patience and reporting. It appears our resource manager that controls images was acting up. We are recycling it now, and hopefully this will clear the connection issues you faced earlier.

Are you using Citrix Receiver Plug-in 13.0.x to connect? We've had good experiences with that on Win7 machines.
    Don't know what you guys have done there but it works. Or maybe I just created another account :)
    Also I had two plugins: citrix ISA client 13.1 and citrix offline plug-in 6.6 (which I turned off)
    Anyhow thanks for your help.
    Now I can finally my course work at home:)
  • DonCarr
    DonCarr
    45 Posts

‏2012-05-03T21:09:19Z  
    Don't know what you guys have done there but it works. Or maybe I just created another account :)
    Also I had two plugins: citrix ISA client 13.1 and citrix offline plug-in 6.6 (which I turned off)
    Anyhow thanks for your help.
    Now I can finally my course work at home:)
    Hello Vladimir,

Glad you are able to access the exercise. I believe when our resource manager started acting up, it kicked you and others off the exercise images. Once we reset it, you were able to connect to a good image.

Thanks again for using the SOA Sandbox.

Regards,
    Don