• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-08T08:13:25Z by cloudychris
cloudychris
cloudychris
2 Posts

Pinned topic Supported levels of TSM Server

‏2012-05-02T12:01:34Z |
Team,

I need to select a component to collect logs from a TSM 6.3 server, running HSM extensions.

Looking at the possible options I have these include:

ISA
ISA v5 Beta
ISA Download Tool
ISA Lite

How would you select the best tool and is there a list of supported products for ISA and V5 Beta? i.e. is 6.3 with HSM supported?

For the older ISA Lite tool I can download a specific version, i.e.:

IBM Support Assistant Lite for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server 6.x
TSMServer6.x_ISALite131_07132010.zip (6 MB)

However, if we do use ISA v5 Beta - will this offer the same function?

many thanks

Chris Milsted
Updated on 2012-05-08T08:13:25Z at 2012-05-08T08:13:25Z by cloudychris
  • RickyHolcomb
    RickyHolcomb
    311 Posts

Re: Supported levels of TSM Server

‏2012-05-04T19:43:25Z  
    Hello Chris,

I am with the IMB Support Assistant Operation and Support team. IBM Support Assistant 5 Beta is not yet going to be an option as we have not including any collectors other than the system collector at this time. I believe that there are IBM Support Assistant Lite collectors for TSM that are available, so that would be my sugestion at this point and time.

I will contact the development engineer for Tivoli collectors and see he if he can post any further information about the TSM 6.3 sever collectors.

Thanks,
    Ricky Holcomb
  • MikeWamboldt
    MikeWamboldt
    3 Posts

‏2012-05-04T19:48:17Z  
    The most recent and update data collector is the ISA Lite download. It will have the most recent data collection capabilities. The ISA 4 and ISA 5 Beta should be functionally equivalent, but very possibly could be down-level
  • cloudychris
    cloudychris
    2 Posts

‏2012-05-08T08:13:25Z  
    The most recent and update data collector is the ISA Lite download. It will have the most recent data collection capabilities. The ISA 4 and ISA 5 Beta should be functionally equivalent, but very possibly could be down-level
    Thanks both, I will go for the ISA lite version (if people are interested then I found a great article about it here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21442389&tcss=Newsletter&product=Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager ).

I will keep an eye on the ISA 5 work - a really nice way to collect and upload the logs to IBM.

Using this, the DS Storage Manager Support Assistant and a script I have written for GPFS we now have just three collection actions to support a storage cluster, irrespective of how many nodes we add to it.

many thanks

Chris Milsted