Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-04T13:16:17Z by orphy
shibhikkiran
shibhikkiran
17 Posts

Pinned topic How do we deny an user from creating files & directory in his home dir.,?

‏2012-05-02T09:51:50Z |
Hello,

I'm a beginner in AIX and practicing for last couple of months.
The regular user in AIX can have privilege to create files and directories in his home directory. (i.e /home/$user). But, he can't have that other than his home directory.
But, If I wish to deny him from creating files and directories in his home directory. Then, How can do it?

Expecting your valuable response!

Regards,
kiran
Updated on 2012-05-04T13:16:17Z at 2012-05-04T13:16:17Z by orphy
  • orphy
    orphy
    480 Posts

Re: How do we deny an user from creating files & directory in his home dir.,?

‏2012-05-02T16:30:35Z  
    That's not difficult to do but can you explain why you want to do this? There may be a better solution for what you try to accomplish.
    Orphy
  • Tibor_B
    Tibor_B
    41 Posts

‏2012-05-04T11:44:19Z  
    his home directory might be owned by other user, and rights could be set so that the user was not authorized to write into directory....
  • orphy
    orphy
    480 Posts

‏2012-05-04T13:16:17Z  
    • Tibor_B
    • ‏2012-05-04T11:44:19Z
    his home directory might be owned by other user, and rights could be set so that the user was not authorized to write into directory....
    You don't typically have multiple logins using the same home directory but if that's a business requirement, then you are going to change the ownership of that directory and possible file(s) within the directory to properly allow/disallow access. One can also look into restricted shell or setting up ACL. There are a few possible ways to this issue but without knowing the exact requirement from the original poster, I'm afraid any proposed solution might not be a good one...
    Orphy