Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-05-04T13:16:17Z by orphy
shibhikkiran
shibhikkiran
17 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How do we deny an user from creating files & directory in his home dir.,?

‏2012-05-02T09:51:50Z |
Hello,

I'm a beginner in AIX and practicing for last couple of months.
The regular user in AIX can have privilege to create files and directories in his home directory. (i.e /home/$user). But, he can't have that other than his home directory.
But, If I wish to deny him from creating files and directories in his home directory. Then, How can do it?

Expecting your valuable response!

Regards,
kiran
Updated on 2012-05-04T13:16:17Z at 2012-05-04T13:16:17Z by orphy
  • orphy
    orphy
    480 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How do we deny an user from creating files & directory in his home dir.,?

‏2012-05-02T16:30:35Z  in response to shibhikkiran
    That's not difficult to do but can you explain why you want to do this? There may be a better solution for what you try to accomplish.
    Orphy
  • Tibor_B
    Tibor_B
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-04T11:44:19Z  in response to shibhikkiran
    his home directory might be owned by other user, and rights could be set so that the user was not authorized to write into directory....
    • orphy
      orphy
      480 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-04T13:16:17Z  in response to Tibor_B
      You don't typically have multiple logins using the same home directory but if that's a business requirement, then you are going to change the ownership of that directory and possible file(s) within the directory to properly allow/disallow access. One can also look into restricted shell or setting up ACL. There are a few possible ways to this issue but without knowing the exact requirement from the original poster, I'm afraid any proposed solution might not be a good one...
      Orphy