5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-05-02T17:42:17Z by SystemAdmin
Kanatay
Kanatay
38 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Invisible items inside the Client For Windows

‏2012-05-01T13:31:36Z |
Hello all,

I have 218 items of the same item type, which are not visible inside a worklist in the Client For Windows, even as system admin. It means that "items counting" near the worklist states that there 218 items inside of it, but I (or anyone else) cannot see them. I moved these files into a different workbasket, and put it inside a different worklist, but with no use. I searched these items inside ICMSTITEMS001001 table. The only thing that seemed "not normal" is the fact that the SemanticType is "4". Does it have anything to do with the fact I cannot see these files? Is there a way of making these files visible inside the Client For Windows?

Thanks,
Kanatay.
Updated on 2012-05-02T17:42:17Z at 2012-05-02T17:42:17Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    228 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Invisible items inside the Client For Windows

‏2012-05-01T17:09:34Z  in response to Kanatay
    Hi,

The Windows client only can view and handle document item types. Please double check if these 218 items are in document item type or not. Since you know icmstitems001001 table, here are steps:
    1. get item type id of the problematic item from icmstitems001001 table
    2. get itemtypeclass of that item type from icmstitemtypedefs table. For the document model, the itemtypeclass must be 2.
    3. In case you are curious which itemtype the item belong to, you can use the same item type ID to query icmstnlskeywords table with keywordclass=2 and keywordcode=<itemtypeid>

• PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE/CHANGE ANY LS TABLE VALUES VIA SQLS. THIS IS NOT A SUPPORTED BEHAVIOR BY IBM. **

Once you can confirm these items are not in document item type and you still want them to be visible in your windows client, you can consider to reindex (move) items to another document item type.

If this is not the cause, please reply again.
    • Kanatay
      Kanatay
      38 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-02T06:44:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi mangrongho,

Thank you for your response. I did as you instructed. I got the itemtypeclass of that item type from icmstitemtypedefs table. The itemtypeclass is 2. This is not surprising, because there are many other items with the same item type which are visible in the Client For Windows.

Any other thoughts?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        228 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-02T07:45:21Z  in response to Kanatay
        As I know, LS didnt filter out items/documents by semantic type when retrieving the work list. And in your case, you have ruled out the ACL/privilege consideration by testing with icmadmin user. So let's confirm one more thing that all these items are valid and active:

1. can you query/view these problematic items at all from windows client at all? (Not from a work list.)
        1. check and confirm the value of InProgress column in icmstitems001001 is 0 for the problematic items.
        2. get component type ID of problematic items from icmstitems001001.
        3. query and confirm the existence of these items in ICMUTnnnnn001 table where nnnnn = 5 digits component type ID. For example, if your compontent type ID is 1234, your UT table will be ICMUT01234001.

Once you confirm your items are valid and active, you could do the followings:

1. create another item with semantic type 4 (item) to see if the new item is invisible. If so, you can use CM API to change the semantic types for all problematic items.

2. you can open a PMR to ask if there are any filters (like semantic type as you suspected) used by Windows client.
        • Kanatay
          Kanatay
          38 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-02T13:13:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hello mangrongho,

Here are my answers:

1. I tried to view these items through the search option inside the Client For Windows. I searched for documents inside the suitable process, and got the message "No items were found".
          1. The value of InProgress column in icmstitems001001 is indeed 0 for the problematic items.
          3. I confirmed that these items indeed exists in ICMUTnnnnn001 table.

So I am a bit confused about where all that leavs us.

And one (probably) extremely stupid question - how can I reach to the CM API?

Kanatay.
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            228 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-02T17:42:17Z  in response to Kanatay
            So basically these items are not viewable from windows client at all but you have confirmed they are valid and active items. And very likely, you cant create items with semantic type 4 (item) via windows client. So any clues how these items got created in the first place?

As regards how to modify the semantic type via CM API, here is the sample code:
            http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cmgmt/v8r4m0/topic/com.ibm.samples.doc/samples/java/icm/SSemanticTypeUpdateICM.java.htm

You could find samples in %DB2CMV8%/samples/java/icm directory. So just do necessary edit on the sample java file, open a command line windows, run cmbenv81.bat, javac to compile the source files and run.