Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-03T16:26:36Z by khadeerRafia
khadeerRafia
khadeerRafia
5 Posts

Pinned topic nco_p_syslogd.exe

‏2012-04-30T22:04:14Z |
i am unable to find the nco_p_syslogd.exe anywhere in the software bundle i have downloaded . can someone please point the right part number for this "nco_p_syslogd.exe" software.*

i was trying to the set the test environment on my laptop which was explained in the info center
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v8r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.netcool_OMNIbus.doc_7.3.0%2Fomnibus%2Fwip%2Fcommon%2Freference%2Fomnweb_examplewinscenarionmain.html
. i will appreciate if some one can provide additional to do exercises for proper understanding of the product
below is the list of software part numbers i have downloaded

1. IBM Tivoli Netcool OMNIbus Quick Start Guide V7.3.1 Multiplatform Multilingual (CZJ3EML)
2. IBM Tivoli Netcool OMNIbus V7.3.1 Core for Windows Multilingual (CI3JCML)
3. Netcool/OMNIbus Gateway Ticketing Abstraction Layer(libtal 3_0) for Windows English (CZW8ZEN)
4. Netcool/OMNIbus Gateway for Tivoli Service Request Manager (nco-g-tsrm-3_0) for Windows English (CZW71EN)
5. Netcool/OMNIbus Gateway for ODBC (nco-g-odbc 5_0) for Windows English (CZ8LKEN)
6. Netcool/OMNIbus Gateway Configuration Files and Scripts for Tivoli Data Warehouse (nco-g-tdw-scripts) for Windows English (CZ9KAEN)
7. Event Integration Facility (EIF) SDK for Netcool/OMNIbus 7.3.1 Multiplatform English (CI4ZPEN)
8. IBM Tivoli Netcool OMNIbus V7.3.1 Web GUI for Windows Multilingual (CI3J9ML)
9. Netcool/OMNIbus Gateway Java Support Package (libngjava 4_0) for Windows English (CI6HVEN)
10. Netcool/OMNIbus JDBC Gateway Configuration Scripts (Reporting Mode : nco-g-jdbc-reporting-scripts 1_0) for Windows English (CI6H2EN)
11. Netcool/OMNIbus Gateway NGtkTK Support Package (libngtktk 3_0) for Windows English (CI6I2EN)
12. Netcool/OMNIbus Gateway for JDBC (nco-g-jdbc 3_0) for Windows English (CI6GVEN)
13. Netcool/OMNIbus ODBC Library Binary and Readme Windows English (C1JH2EN)
14. Netcool/OMNIbus Probe Nonnative-base (14_0) for Windows English (CI4DUEN)

**Save your entries and close the window.**
**Open the probe properties file in text mode. The file location is C:\IBM\tivoli\netcool\omnibus\probes\win32\syslogd.props.**
**Copy and paste the Server property to the end of the file. This enables you to keep a commented default configuration within the file as a reference.**
**Uncomment and edit the pasted Server property as follows:**

**Server : 'MYOBJ'**
**Save and close the properties file.**
**From a command prompt window, go to the C:\IBM\tivoli\netcool\omnibus\probes\win32 location. Then run:**

**nco_p_syslogd.exe -install**

A message is displayed to confirm that the NCO Syslogd Probe service was successfully installed.
Updated on 2012-05-03T16:26:36Z at 2012-05-03T16:26:36Z by khadeerRafia
  • Mahyuddin
    Mahyuddin
    40 Posts

Re: nco_p_syslogd.exe

‏2012-05-02T05:53:00Z  
    I believe you are looking for Windows version of Syslogd probe. The part number is CI0ZCEN.
  • khadeerRafia
    khadeerRafia
    5 Posts

Re: nco_p_syslogd.exe

‏2012-05-03T16:26:36Z  
    • Mahyuddin
    • ‏2012-05-02T05:53:00Z
    I believe you are looking for Windows version of Syslogd probe. The part number is CI0ZCEN.
    thank you ,
    i could find that but now i ran into a different issue

even though iam running command prompt as an administrator

c:\IBM\Tivoli\Netcool\omnibus\probes\win32>nco_p_syslogd.exe -install
    Netcool/OMNIbus Syslogd - Version 7.3.1
    (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 1994, 2007

Error: Failed to open Service Control Manager:
    • access is denied.