Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-03T15:19:59Z by zdebug
JohnKnutson
JohnKnutson
129 Posts

Pinned topic New plug-ins for IBM Problem Determination Tools v12.1

‏2012-04-27T10:22:28Z |
On Tuesday, April 24, IBM announced new versions of IBM Problem Determination Tools, delivering a wide range of enhancements, too numerous to list here, but including:

o Enhancements to the existing GUI plug-ins, including improved integration with platforms like CICS Explorer and IMS Explorer. See forum post https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=426569&tstart=0 for more details.
o An initial Workload Simulator GUI plug-in
o Enhancements to Java™ support
o Support for the latest IBM products such as CICS® TS V4.2, IMS® V12, and DB2® V10
o Functional, usability, and performance enhancements, including new commands and new options

Members of the PD Tools family include:
o IBM Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS V12.1 (5655-W71) helps developers and systems personnel tune applications and resolve performance constraints.
o IBM Debug Tool for z/OS V12.1 (5655-W70) helps developers debug applications running in a variety of environments, such as batch, TSO, CICS, IMS, DB2, DB2 Stored Procedures, and UNIX System Services.
o IBM Fault Analyzer for z/OS V12.1 (5655-W69) assists developers in analyzing and fixing application and system failures. It offers developers information to help determine the cause of a failure and assist in resolving the problem.
o IBM File Manager for z/OS V12.1 (5655-W68) delivers comprehensive, user-friendly tools for working with z/OS, CICS, DB2, IMS, or WebSphere® MQ data. The developer can create, browse, copy, edit, print, and format or reformat data files in the most popular System z file formats.
o IBM Workload Simulator for z/OS V1.1 (5655-I39) can simulate a network of terminals and its associated messages. It is ideal for stress, performance, regression, function, and capacity planning tests.

PD Tools V12.1 will be Generally Available on May 11, 2012. For more details on the enhancements, please read the announcement letter at:
http://www.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=an&subtype=ca&supplier=897&letternum=ENUS212-119
Updated on 2013-04-03T15:19:59Z at 2013-04-03T15:19:59Z by zdebug
  • kevmeist
    kevmeist
    249 Posts

Re: New plug-ins for IBM Problem Determination Tools v12.1

‏2012-04-27T10:32:20Z  
    John,

I thought you mentioned to me that Performance Analyzer was alos bringing out a new version on this date? Was that missed or did I misunderstand you a couple of days ago in email?

Regards,

Kevin
  • JohnKnutson
    JohnKnutson
    129 Posts

‏2012-04-27T12:56:27Z  
    • kevmeist
    • ‏2012-04-27T10:32:20Z
    John,

I thought you mentioned to me that Performance Analyzer was alos bringing out a new version on this date? Was that missed or did I misunderstand you a couple of days ago in email?

Regards,

Kevin
    No Kevin, you read me correctly. I'm just about to post about the CICS CM and CICS PA plug-in enhancements. John
  • HBruchey
    HBruchey
    43 Posts

‏2013-04-02T21:45:02Z  
    Is there a separate forum for IBM Problem Determination Tools, or can those questions be posted here as well?
  • JohnKnutson
    JohnKnutson
    129 Posts

‏2013-04-03T00:20:35Z  
    • HBruchey
    • ‏2013-04-02T21:45:02Z
    Is there a separate forum for IBM Problem Determination Tools, or can those questions be posted here as well?
    Hi Helen, no, you can use this one for all the plug-ins that work with CICS Explorer, including PD Tools. Some of the PD team monitor the forum and pick up questions related to their products that haven't already been answered by customers like Kevin.
  • HBruchey
    HBruchey
    43 Posts

‏2013-04-03T13:35:44Z  
    Hi Helen, no, you can use this one for all the plug-ins that work with CICS Explorer, including PD Tools. Some of the PD team monitor the forum and pick up questions related to their products that haven't already been answered by customers like Kevin.
    Great, thank you!
  • zdebug
    zdebug
    4 Posts

‏2013-04-03T15:19:59Z  
    • HBruchey
    • ‏2013-04-02T21:45:02Z
    Just in case you wanted to be very specific to Debug Tool, we have a newly created forum (based on customer requests): http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=3024&cat=9

But the CICS Explorer forum continues to be the best place for the plugins and product specific ones. However, if you want a broader spectrum of folks from Debug Tool organization to be viewing your questions, you could try posting it on Debug Tool forum as well.

Cheers!