Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
No replies
djkillian
djkillian
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic cannot update my profile to enable download of R essentials for 19

‏2012-04-27T06:01:04Z |
Hi,

Per suggestion from Jon Peck, I am pasting below correspondence you may be able to help with. Jon mentions that I have to enter my country - it's true that I don't have a country assignation in my profile; however when I try to add the United States, it automatically takes me to my profile summary page but without my additions added. So I click on "Edit Employer Address" and it takes me back to my profile, which starts the loop all over again when I try to choose the country.

Hope you can help me successfully download R Essentials for my Version 19 GradPack.

Dan

--

R essentials plugin for SPSS 19 GradPack
Posted: Apr 07, 2012 12:31:04 AM
Click to report abuse... Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

Is the R Essentials plugin available for SPSS 19 Grad Pack?

When I tried to follow instructions to download plugin, I was taken to my profile and told to update. After I updated my profile and clicked on Submit, I could not get out of my profile page - it would simply return me to my profile page with the updated fields.

Hope someone can help.
JonPeck

Re: R essentials plugin for SPSS 19 GradPack
Posted: Apr 07, 2012 09:04:14 AM in response to: djkillian in response to: djkillian's post
You should be able to get the V19 R Essentials by following the link on the Downloads for SPSS Statistics page. It will require you to log in to the site where these are stored, but then you should see the list of downloads available. Be sure to read the installation instructions.

HTH,
Jon Peck
djkillian

Posted: Apr 09, 2012 12:18:28 AM in response to: djkillian in response to: djkillian's post
Thanks, but still blocked. I go to developer central and click on the link for downloads. I then click on the link "Essentials and Plugins for IBM SPSS Statistics Version 19 for R (compatible with Statistics 19.0.0, 19.0.1, and 19.0.2)", which takes me to the page "Tools for SPSS Products". I select the first offering "IBM SPSS Statistics Version 19 Essentials for R", but when I select this offering I am told:

--
This offering requires information that you have not yet provided in your user profile.
To update your profile with this required information, click continue below and log in again. Then click continue to update your profile. After you update your profile, you will be returned to this offering. If you receive this error twice, it may be due to one of these problems:

You may have used a different user ID when logging in to update your profile. If so, please click 'sign out' and then try again, using the user ID you logged in with initially. This is the user ID shown at the top of this page.
You may not have clicked 'continue' on the next page to complete the update of your profile. Please be sure to proceed through the pages by clicking 'continue'. If you back up, you will lose your changes.
--

I am then taken to another login screen (even though I am already logged in). From there one of two things happen: either I enter my login info but nothing happens - my info is erased and I am returned to the blank login screen, or I am taken to my profile screen but upon updating the required fields it returns me to the profile screen as though I had not updated all the fields.

Help...
JonPeck

Posted: Apr 09, 2012 09:11:57 AM in response to: djkillian in response to: djkillian's post
Sorry that you are blocked here. I have no idea (well, just one) about what might be happening. Please post your question about this on the Using developerWorks forum (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=348) to see if someone on the developerWorks team can help. Strictly speaking you are logging in to a different IBM system, but the dW folks might know the answer, since you are using your dW registration.

My only thought is that maybe you did not enter your country in the profile. The IBM system has to know your country, because there are a few countries (N Korea, Iran, ...) that IBM will not do business with.

If none of this works, please post again, and we'll try to resolve this with a different IBM team.

HTH,
Jon