how to use start adhoc events
Updated on 2012-05-07T18:12:31Z at 2012-05-07T18:12:31Z by kolban
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

Re: how to use start adhoc events

‏2012-04-25T16:45:18Z  
    Hi there,
    Please see the following article in the IBM InfoCenter documentation for the product. The article is called:

"Using adhoc events"

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v7r5m1/topic/com.ibm.wbpm.wle.editor.doc/modeling/topic/using_adhoc_events.html

If after reading that article and related articles it is still not clear, please, please feel free to post back with specific questions you may have.

Neil
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-05-04T13:05:16Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2012-04-25T16:45:18Z
    Hi there,
    Please see the following article in the IBM InfoCenter documentation for the product. The article is called:

"Using adhoc events"

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v7r5m1/topic/com.ibm.wbpm.wle.editor.doc/modeling/topic/using_adhoc_events.html

If after reading that article and related articles it is still not clear, please, please feel free to post back with specific questions you may have.

Neil
    i was testing the example and still have a few questions:

1.Why is there a ad-hoc-event and not a ad-hoc-activity as in bpmn 2.0? The functionality is also different.

2.The ad-hoc-event seems like a "normal" message event with the functionality to get triggered by a ad-hoc-button in the process portal. Is there a different use-case for the ad-hoc-event?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-05-04T17:15:04Z  
    i was testing the example and still have a few questions:

1.Why is there a ad-hoc-event and not a ad-hoc-activity as in bpmn 2.0? The functionality is also different.

2.The ad-hoc-event seems like a "normal" message event with the functionality to get triggered by a ad-hoc-button in the process portal. Is there a different use-case for the ad-hoc-event?
    "Normal" message events, by which I assume you mean "Intermediate Messge Events" can only be triggered when there is a token on them. Ad-Hoc start events can be triggered as long as the instance is running. There is no requirement for them to be wired into the diagram.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2012-05-07T18:12:31Z  
    "Normal" message events, by which I assume you mean "Intermediate Messge Events" can only be triggered when there is a token on them. Ad-Hoc start events can be triggered as long as the instance is running. There is no requirement for them to be wired into the diagram.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
    I think the high-level philosophy of the ad-hoc event is that a process may want to receive a "signal" at any time during its operation. The classic example might be a customer calling in to cancel an order. The process may be anywhere from assembly, quality assurance, packaging, billing or shipping when that "external" event occurs. The ad-hoc event in IBM BPM gives us some way to model such an occurrence.

Neil